^, <, V

Pew

^ Running and hiding

< You didnt say whether Id be live or dead food

V Pass the q and add what liquor would you be? Id be smooth and sweet with a bite at the end..cognac or DiSaronno

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

(Well, looks like this thread needs a bump, or at least a new Q.)

^ If I were a fruit, I'd be an outrageously ripe raspberry (with Framboise as my accompanying liquor)

< Wishing I had more energy!

V How are your holiday preparations going? Are you having fun with the season, or is it just another chore?

Edited by Hester
pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^Just one week until Xmas, and I'm sorely unprepared. I'm a total Solstice Slacker this year. I did write Xmas cards last night, but they probably won't arrive in time.

< Daydreaming of a grass shack in a surfer's paradise. [but IRL, I'll be off slogging through the snow to a cozy pub supper with friends.]

V What last-minute holiday tasks are you trying to get done this week? Attending any great Xmas parties?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ I had a head start....but then the weather turned. Ill be decking my halls the rest of the way on the 19th my first day of a week off woohoo!

< Note to self - A trip to the liquor store for extra spirits! Party's here on Christmas Eve!

V Pass the Q

^ I've got most of mine done. Just need to pick up the food for the Christmas Day family brunch I'm having.

< However, I still have boxes of Christmas decorations out, that I have yet to put up. May finish that tomorrow.

V Are you a Christmas procrastinator, or is your house decorated and the prezzies bought by the end of November? Me? Epic procrastinator. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ - My place is typically decorated with Christmas flair around the week of Thanksgiving. Sometimes before, sometimes after. Presents not included (they're in CO with immediate family).

< - My brain is already on autopilot and ready for the holidays (Two weeks off! With a little work in the mornings when I'm in town) I can't be on holiday yet though...gotta get some important work done by Friday. :rolleyes:

v - If you do decorate, do you take it all down a few days after Christmas, or do you keep it up for a few weeks, month, all friggin year, etc. (If you don't decorate, my question would be what do you do in lieu of decorating?)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

< We did a nautical tree this year. Our skull tree topper is wearing a captain's hat.

Hey, Jill -- your tree topper sounds fabulous! Post a pic if possible, please.

^We usually wait until the last weekend before Xmas to put up the tree (real one). Then, being a traditionalist, I insist on leaving the tree and other decorations up until after Twelfth Night (January 6th). But, even if I get lazy, all Xmas decoration MUST be taken down and put away by Candlemass (Feb. 2nd, Groundhog Day) at the very latest. [According to folk tradition, it's quite bad luck to leave them up any longer than that.] But, I think my boxes of decorations need a really drastic culling. I'm not sure where some of this ugly dreck came from!

< Facebook just announced that 2 of my mutual friends have "ended their relationship". Ouch! That's gonna be awkward!

Meanwhile, I've been using Facebook & MySpace to discreetly 'stalk' a musician acquaintance that I had a crush on 25 years ago. Too shy to send him an actual 'friend request' (doubt he'd remember me anyway), but it's nice to see that he's still in the music biz and doing well.

V What bizarre situations have you found yourself in as a result of Facebook or other social networking sites?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^ Apparently, I'm the only one here who gets in sticky situations on Facebook. My most recent escapade was kinda fun. I sent a 'friend request' to someone with the right name and general geographic location of a person I was looking for. Turned out it was the wrong person, with the same not uncommon name. But he complimented me by saying I looked "awfully young" to be a friend of his. Well, hey, he's a friend of mine NOW!

< Spending New Year's at home, with DVDs and champagne cocktails

V What are you doing New Year's Eve? (That's tonight, folks!)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Well New Years was kinda quiet. Had to be at work at 5:30 the next morning. Bleah

< Why must work interfere with my social life? :blink:

V New Year New Question... Planning any renovation for the Spring? Home, personal or wardrobe?

^ Wardrobe reno: add more 'punk'! Hello spraypaint, scissors, and DIY attitude. :blink:

< Really not very productive today.

V Pass the Q: Planning any renovation for the Spring? Home, personal or wardrobe?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• 2 months later...

^ Probably eating, although I don't do much of either.

< I'm doing wardrobe and household editing. Some of this stuff I've had for 20+ years. I'm just...bored with it.

V Any Spring rituals? You know, like Spring cleaning, or Spring garden planting?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

^ First thing that I need to do is replace the pressure washer that broke last fall...Need to clean 23 windows this Spring! The first year we were in our home...I did them all by hand...NEVER AGAIN. Then get the garden beds ready for the season. Oh, and move the wood pile.

< Funny you mentioned 'editing'. I am finding a lot of things I can give local charity rummage sale this April. The money goes to the Bethaney House (Battered Women).

V I have been trying to read more...What's your favorite style of writting?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• 2 weeks later...

^ It's a toss up between Surf Journalism, Post-Modern Theory, and Pirate Romance Novels

< I could really use a little yellow pill today!

V Ever had an 'interesting' experience in the Emergency Ward?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ I used to work in an Emergency Room and had a doctor once make me hang up on a kid who I suspected was making a suicide attempt, the kid was asking about certain meds and what could happen if you took too much... The doctor, he was worried about insurance. Told me to tell him to call an ambulance and hang up. don't know if it was interesting as much as disturbing!

< even after 20 plus years I still get really nervous when I sing in front of people.

V If you could wake up tomorrow and have one thing in your life different, what would it be?

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

^ Wow thats a powerful question. I would have my Dad back with us.

< And 15 years back with the knowledge of what had transpired and what would need to change if that was an option.

V Pass the question

^ Yeah, wealthy enough that my husband could quit driving a truck and retire early. He's been doing it for 30+ years, and is pretty tired of dealing with crazy drivers who don't realize you can't stop a tractor/trailer on a dime.

< Besides, since I'm ten years older than him, if he has to wait until he's 65 to retire, I'll be 75!!!!! :blink:

V Pass the question on...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

^Right now, it's naturally "Frosted Chestnut", in natural pirate curls, past my shoulders. When the "frost" gets too heavy, I'm gonna get it cut in a Flapper Bob and go Platinum Blonde. [Hopefully not for another decade or so yet, though.]

<Used to dye it a lot in my youth. Each summer at the northern beach shack, my friends would lift up my straw hat to check what colour I'd dyed my hair this time.

Cheeky Actress wrote:

^ Would have finished my degree and been something... :P

Don't fret about it, Cheeky. I finished 3 degrees, and I still haven't 'been' anything. :rolleyes:

V Pass the Q: Change your hair color ...yes or no...if yes...what color?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Don't fret about it, Cheeky. I finished 3 degrees, and I still haven't 'been' anything.

Thanks Hester...it's been a bone of contention for some time now. Nice to know that!

> Right now...a lighter shade of auburn with honey colored high-lights. When summer comes around it usually goes to a darker shade of red.

^ I've always wondered what it would be like to be blonde? My sister has been...but I've never been brave enough.

V What is your perfect size for lady's clothing...(Whew! Should really censor myself sometimes!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"