New Pirate Group Forming

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The High Risk Potent Seamen"

Well that's good, cuz I sure don't want to be mistaken for that group that has the impotent ones!

Diego, we had a good talk on the phone the other day. We are most definately on the same page.

Let us discuss this further at the New Years Eve party. :unsure:

well, I be kickin' round ideas for a name....meybe we should be startin' a topic and /or poll for name ideas, get the enthusiasm to build up, have fun with it.....a few off the top o' me head:

The Bretheren o' the Free Souls

The Bretheren o' the Dark Mysts

The Bretheren o' the Dancin' Pub (for obvious reasons)

guess I kind o' like the sound o' the "Bretheren"....or substitute the word "Pyrates" for "Bretheren"......I don't know.......what ye say?

The Three Arrrrrrrrs

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Ok, ok darlin...lets keep the name simple but catchy...has to associate pirates into the title, different from whats already out there, free-spirited...

Barbados Brats

Tortuga Tarts

Caribean Castaways

Buckeneers o the Black Sail

Davey Jones Rejects

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

CyberPyrates of the First Order:

The Stowaways

Sentanced Traders of Works Already Writen About Your Seas

I figured in three days somebody would say something about my shyte???

well, sir, shyte is shyte....what can ye say....it all be shyte.....now when the case may be it ain't shyte n' it be a case o' something o' a different matter than shyte, in other words, when shyte ain't shyte....well then....we kin be discussin' this new shyte that ain't really shyte after all....now, in all serious,though, who drank me mug o' guinness?

Well, once we decide on a name, and with all the graphic designers in our midst, perhaps someone could design a Plank Owner's certificate for each of the charter members of the group. (If yer not familiar with the term, whenever a new ship is commissioned in the Navy, each of the charter crew members become Plank Owners)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Ok, ok darlin...lets keep the name simple but catchy...has to associate pirates into the title, different from whats already out there, free-spirited...

Barbados Brats

Tortuga Tarts

Caribean Castaways

Buckeneers o the Black Sail

Davey Jones Rejects

There is a group called Port of the Black Sail, so we probably shouldn't use the Buckeneers o the Black Sail name.

Personally I like Davey Jones Rejects.

Since up to now it's been a virtual guild, why not use The Watch Dog as the name of this group? Many of the same current members will be a part of this new group anyway......

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

Aw, how cute! Give the doggie the key to the dungeon so he can let us out....oh sure....

T'was one o' them nights last night where my mind was wanderin' all o'er the place thinkin' o' a really good name. Keepin' in mind we will be dealin' with children.

So here's the one's that kinda stuck in me head:

The Crows Nest

The Portside Players or the Starboard Players

Davey Jones Locker

Treasure Cove or Cave

Pirate's (or Pirate/Pyrate) Treasures

Thar be a wondrous cause to the need to rejoice in and circle the ships around a centerpoint such as the all important name of this here wondrous group o mates. I was influenced to say that the idea to read one minute stories to the children on the bell (meaning that at every faire we guild we shall need a ships bell to ring marking the hour) I see the children hearing the bell and running to hear the next and always different story........(I wish to share this one as written and told by our over see er of fine and pure thoughts Rumba

The Bad Witch Queen!

It's about how a bad witch saw and spoiled a good kingdom:

She decided, having found a pristine kingdom to corrupt, she did not want any compitition so she needed to find a way to make the kingdom her own. So she intigrated herself into and manipulated first one then many of the circle of powers that be, as this was her minion.

But, she had only one problem.

There was a good witch who was respected and smiled always as she was happy. So in order for the evil witch to become the Queen of the Kingdom, she wound her evil doings around all the kingdoms people so that they mostly all began to hate the good witch and take comfort in the bad.

Finally the good witch left the kingdom for greener pastures where she could sow her seeds of life anew. Some who could see through the cloak of darkness, saw the coming destruction and the ever increasing dark shroud both choking and blackening the kingdoms original purity. As the bad witch moved in and set up her castle in her new country she found and took the pot of gold (the former kingdom had amassed over the hundreds of years before she came) all for herself. Having surrounded the kingdom with darkness, the bad witch brought in her own kind, a "new flock" of followers allowing their own greed and dishonesty to destroy themselves from within. Eventually, the country was dissolved into many inner groups all having nothing to do but cower in the reflection of all the bad choices they had made.

The good witch after leaving searched for a place where she could belong and soon found others. Others who were also searching for something good and giving. So together, a new kingdom was created. Based on all things taught and the importancy of reading and learning history. The good in life and to enjoy is what the new kingdom had to offer and by learning from history what it is that goodness should recognize about evil.

The bad witch saw that the good witch was now in a new and better kingdom, and chose again to try and steal it away. Unfortunately for her, there were none in the new kingdom that could be swayed her way. No magic could alter it, for the souls within the new kingdom were strong, havin met the darkness and found a way to rise away from it's powerful hand of dispair. The new kingdom had a magical bond of honesty that surrounded them. Honesty being the tide that bound the new kingdoms entirty. She lost her kingdom as the people did revolt and finding her mad and evil, the kingdom sentanced her to a solitary life and the bad witch eventually went away. Up away and into the mountains of silence and self pity.

So you see once again good had beaten back the shroud of evil. The end.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Tis first in the morn, of what kingdom I am not certain..and the readin' of this fyne story by the Pyrate Diego took me aback! Brave ye be to write so free, surely ye be a true Pyrate. Tis America for certain, the land we are in.... and prose always has a place here.

Wishin' ye land-locked "Pyrates of the South" a great good fortune as ye creates yer new Pyrate guild/group. If'n ye would have me, I'd be charmed to come and visit, play and help with them story tellin's!

Best to ye all this Holiday season!

:lol:

Pyracy in all it's Glory,

Yers,

D.L.

aka DurtyLaFey

member of a few crewes....but that be a personal question.

Why thank you Deigo for telling my story to the world!

I sort of did it on a strange whim that came out last night and I sent it to him. He nicely did some editing and such and it looks even better now.

It's a story of where I was and where I will be now.

So Durty Lillie you should recognize it as should Iron Bess and Blackhearted Pearl. :lol:

Come join the New Kingdom and be free! Rose.gif

free like we want to be (isn't that a Ziggy Marley song?) Tis a wonderous group a you all forming here on this thread think of it giving something with meaning to the patrons without involving a dime o thiers to partake. Games, stories, easy reading book lists of history and pyracy and the likes. That's it a little meet and greet some piece tying and reflecting the rest of the night about the stories of how a life might have been changed fer the time and the effort be ours the reward shared by all involved.... Merry Christmas me amigos Merry Christmas indeed.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.