New Pirate Group Forming

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we ready to have a meeting here with every one posted above at one certain time here in the Pub's Chatroom? you know kinda hash out the desirables and list the list?

We need a solid readable list for :

Pre school - 5 year olds Pop-ups?

6 - 10

11 - 14

15 -17

adult

A name?

A mission statement?

Our common denominator (no not the governor)

Corona Pyrate faire and Palm Springs is a maybe? I was asked to fill out a guild application though! (secretly i'm ecited that's six faires)

Merry Christmas everyone see you all at the new years party

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

The Riders of the Purple Sage no no sorry won't do wrong era and local. How about the "Quicksilver Messenger Service" ?

Parents would likely recognize the name (if they spent a dimes time in the sixties)

"Big Brother and the Holding Company"

"The Rolling Stones"

If anyone says the Captain and Tenille I'll hunt you down and shoot your tires out.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Pre school - 5 year olds Pop-ups? "How I became a pirate"

6 - 10 "Why pirates don't wear pink sunglasses"

11 - 14 "The history of pirates"

15 -17 "How I became a pirate"

adult - You've got to be kidding?

A name? Rovin' Rogues of the Seas

A mission statement? To promote adventure and success to youth through historical maritime re-enactment.

Our common denominator (no not the governor) - Commodore?

Corona Pyrate faire and Palm Springs is a maybe? I was asked to fill out a guild application though! (secretly i'm ecited that's six faires)

Merry Christmas everyone see you all at the new years party

Hey Petee, how about a count down?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Personally I won't do the Palm Springs faire. Why? Because it starts on a THURSDAY and runs till Sunday. Means you have to get there on Wednesday to set up!

It's too many days/nights, and I just can't do 4 days of that. Besides, hotel rooms aren't cheap there- sorry I don't camp for 4 days without a good bed and a shower.

The group I was in use to do it, but having to take time away from jobs became too much of a problem and then Tom Wilson kept making the spot smaller and smaller until there just was no room for anything.

We do need to get together and decide a name soon. We might start by eliminating a few off of a very long list. Perhaps we should have everybody choose their favorite 5 from the following list and see where the popular repeats are found. Yes? No? Did I get them all?

The Age of Discovery

The Rub a Dub Dub Pyrates

Long Stockings long shoremen

Pirates in Fun Pants

Pippi's Pirates

Rummy's rum-runners

Pirates of the Black Spot

Caribbean Rum Runners

The Misfiteers.

The Jolly Roger-Dodgers.

The Faire Weather Fiends.

The Beachcombers.

The Festivalians.

The Able Seamen

The Barnacle Brute Mob

The Longshoremen.

Sparrow's Flock

Tortuga Trouble

The Old Way Inn

The Pyrate's Hand

The Pirate's Pub

nova albions pyrates of the charred sail

the library

pyrates of the charred sail

The High Risk Merchant Seaman

Brethren o' the Free Souls

Brethren o' the Dark Mysts

Brethren o' the Dancin' Pub

The Whydah Wanderers

The Three Arrrrrrrrs

Pyrates Play

Cyber Pyrates of the First Order:

The Stowaways

Sentanced Traders of Works Already Writen About Your Seas

Barbados Brats

Tortuga Tarts

Caribean Castaways

Buckeneers o the Black Sail

Davey Jones Rejects

The Independents.

The Independence.

The Shipmasters

The Free Mariners

Dockyard Dogs

Watch Dogs

The scurvy dogs of the piracy pub

The Crows Nest

The Portside Players or the Starboard Players

Davey Jones Locker

Treasure Cove or Cave

Pirate's (or Pirate/Pyrate) Treasures

Red Tail Dawgs

The Devil's Deckhands

Stormchasers

Freelooters

The Thugery

Dockyard Devils

The Clan Cutlass

Sea Rovers

Yarn Spinners

The Beachcombers

The Sea Monsters

The Ghost Shipmen

Golden Age Actors

The Planksters

Marauders

The Lookouts

The Gangplank Gang

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything

Hounds of the High Seas

High Seas Historians

High Seas Historical Society

The Seven Seas Society

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Personally I won't do the Palm Springs faire. Why? Because it starts on a THURSDAY and runs till Sunday. Means you have to get there on Wednesday to set up!

It's too many days/nights, and I just can't do 4 days of that. Besides, hotel rooms aren't cheap there- sorry I don't camp for 4 days without a good bed and a shower.

The group I was in use to do it, but having to take time away from jobs became too much of a problem and then Tom Wilson kept making the spot smaller and smaller until there just was no room for anything.

you set up on thursday! the city plunge is open at seven am and the showers are the best in all the faires locations including Ojai! The camping is in yer vehicle across the street from the faire entrance. So looks like we be seein you in Palm Springs eh? And! it's open after dark to partay! Siler and Clark are there the spaniards are there! What more can ye ask for? We'll take luncheon meats and make sandwiches to start each day off with a full good stomach. and fer din we can go to this mexican place in garb three blocks west.. then return to the faire and close it down.... come on Rue the biggest expense 'll be gas.

We do need to get together and decide a name soon.  We might start by eliminating a few off of a very long list.  Perhaps we should have everybody choose their favorite 5 from the following list and see where the popular repeats are found.  Yes? No?  Did I get them all?

The Age of Discovery  yes

The Rub a Dub Dub Pyrates  no

Long Stockings long shoremen  no

Pirates in Fun Pants  (the name we call ourselves)

Pippi's Pirates  no

Rummy's rum-runners  no

Pirates of the Black Spot  maybe

Caribbean Rum Runners  no

The Misfiteers.  no

The Jolly Roger-Dodgers.  no

The Faire Weather Fiends.  no

The Beachcombers.  no

The Festivalians.  no

The Able Seamen  no

The Barnacle Brute Mob  no

The Longshoremen.  no

Sparrow's Flock  no

Tortuga Trouble  no

The Old Way Inn  in what?    no

The Pyrate's Hand  what about "a pyrates life for me"

The Pirate's Pub  can't

nova albions pyrates of the charred sail  no

the library  maybe

pyrates of the charred sail  no

The High Risk Merchant Seaman  no

Brethren o' the Free Souls  no

Brethren o' the Dark Mysts  no

Brethren o' the Dancin' Pub  no

The Whydah Wanderers  no

The Three Arrrrrrrrs  no

Pyrates Play  no

Cyber Pyrates of the First Order:  maybe

The Stowaways  no

Sentanced Traders of Works Already Writen About Your Seas ? S T O W A W A Y S

Barbados Brats  no

Tortuga Tarts  no

Caribean Castaways  no

Buckeneers o the Black Sail no

Davey Jones Rejects  no

The Independents.  no

The Independence.  no

The Shipmasters  no

The Free Mariners  maybe

Dockyard Dogs  no

Watch Dogs  (not on my watch)  maybe

The scurvy dogs of the piracy pub  That would be Pyracy Pub?  no

The Crows Nest  no

The Portside Players or the Starboard Players  ?

Davey Jones Locker  no

Treasure Cove or Cave  I Like the cove ?

Pirate's (or Pirate/Pyrate) Treasures (Treasures of Pyracy Pub)

Red Tail Dawgs  no

The Devil's Deckhands  no

Stormchasers  no

Freelooters  no

The Thugery  no

Dockyard Devils  no

The Clan Cutlass  no

Sea Rovers  ?

Yarn Spinners  no

The Beachcombers  no

The Sea Monsters  no

The Ghost Shipmen  no

Golden Age Actors  no

The Planksters  no

Marauders  no (this isn't the I F L is it?)

The Lookouts  no

The Gangplank Gang  no

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything    That's taken

Hounds of the High Seas No what about High Seas Traders?

High Seas Historians  no

High Seas Historical Society  no

The Seven Seas Society  no

Ok can we start here?

High Seas Traders NEW

A Pyrates Life For Me NEW

Treasure Cove yes

The Age of Discovery yes

Pyrates of the Black Spot maybe

The Pyrates Library maybe

Cyber Pyrates of the First Order: maybe

The Free Mariners maybe

Sea Rovers Maybe

S T O W A W A Y S Maybe

Pirates in Fun Pants (the name we can all call ourselves) Is that from the sound of music?

Anything with Dogs thugs misfits losers fighters drunks trouble makers or rebels is not a good marque. The dark side isn't where we want to head into, so we'll just leave that whole direction for the wanna be's.

lets get the needed feedback on this I am going to be filling out applications shortly and we will need a name parents will be proud to bring their kids by remember we will be passin out lists of readable books with our name on the top!

come on Rue the biggest expense 'll be gas.

And ye'll get plenty o' gas from the Mexican food!!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

*Note on Palm Springs: There's a terrific Thai place across the street from the faire.

If I go, I will have to go alone, as Boats has work and can't take off.

Well looking at your whittled down list of names, I'd have to go with Age of Discovery.

Please tell us what kind of tentage and seating and that sort of thing will you have? Exactly what kind of games are going to be offered?

We really would like to know more.

Ok can we start here?

High Seas Traders may be problematic since people might here it as Traitors and we might be constantly repeating ourselves, which is unfortunate, since I like that one.

My top favorites are:

Pyrates of the Black Spot (or Black Spot Pyrates)

The Free Mariners

Stowaways (Though we should avoid the long acronym)

The Sea Rovers

Instead of "Library" we might consider:

The Treasury

The Sea Vault

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Discussing this name thing with a friend, she liked 'Treasure Cove', since it didn't sound like the group was some kind of museum of people talking like we were a bunch of dosents.

I tend to agree with her, as much as the name "Age of Discovery" sounds good, there are many 'ages' of discovery, so the name really doesn't work for just the pirate side of life.

Since there might be goodies given to kids or adults (I know lots of adults who have never grown up - just look at Caraccoli/Mission....run away...run away!!!)

My friend had a good laugh when she read down the list that Diego had put no's to, and when she came to "Pirates that don't do anything" she and I laughed at the 'that's taken' that Diego put there. What a hoot! Yup she and I both know what group that is! LOL! B)

Actually I think Pirates/Pyrates/Pie-rats came up with the Black Spot thing as kind of a joke. I don't want the name of the group to actually be that, since it's not a good thing.

Ok, now that I've seen the pavillion that Scarlett wants to use, (very nice by the way), I'm working on an inital plan of layout (we will need a second pavillion either the same kind/size or get an easy-up that can be covered properly to hide the metal and plastic top.

Also working on exactly what would be presented, and what kind of tables, seating (you will need seating of some kind -as I will explain why when I finally shore up all my suggestions and ideas before I present it to Diego and everyone else.) and other things you could have.

Since I have quite a few props in my place and I'm sure several others probably do too, then decorating the area shouldn't be any problem.

Sometime this week I'll get to what I have in mind, and get some drawings down of what the 'encampment' might look like, according to what Diego has told me he wants to see (a very open senario).

Meanwhile back to a name; "Treasure Cove" is a good name that kids will like and remember. Especially since there's only 2 or 3 actual 'pirate faire's' and the rest are Renaissance based.

So why don't we take a poll (someone make one up) on the names Deigo thinks he likes and possibly any still forth coming and let's see if we can get a vote?

so we are taking a poll on our name being "the Pirates of the Black Spot" and our encampment would be the called "Treasure Cove"....?

Ok, I vote yes

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"