Lookie what I did

Wnet to visit my brudder last evening. It had been 47 farenheit yesterday. At 6:30 p.m. I came out of the 15th curve on a highway I travel often on Black-Ice. I know what to do so I planted both feet on the floor off and away from the pedals and tried to steer out of it. uh-uh. sheet of black-ice. Just before I left the road I remeber glacnig down to be sure I was buckled. I looked out the door window at the trees coming up fast and said aloud; Here we go, I'm dead.

First ipmact;

crash020.jpg

second hit;

crash021.jpg

and the final strike where all my injuries came from;

crash022.jpg

Even with the seatbelt on I was thrown across the cockpit out of the shoulder harness, but the lapbelt held. Kept me from being ejected through the passenger window. That is my hair above the rearview mirror on the doorglass. I am one sore pyrate today, but I got some cool new scars! :angry: If the first hit would have made the driver door instead of the rear one, seatbelt or not, I would not be telling you this story today. buckle up and be careful.

Bo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Bo, thank God yer still with us... take it easy and get back on yer feet again... glad it wasn't worse, even though it was certainly bad enough.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

At least we carried full coverage policy on it. Oh Mission! I have a job for you. Still got some glass in my head. Wanna come down and torture... I mean treat me? :angry: :huh::huh:

crash029.jpg

crash030.jpg

crash031.jpg

I spared ya'll the ugly leg shot. My right knee is wollen two times normal. OUCH! I'm sore!

BUCKLE UP FOLKS. I wanna see everyone someday. Near death experience #19 and counting!

Bo

At least we carried full coverage policy on it. Oh Mission! I have a job for you. Still got some glass in my head. Wanna come down and torture... I mean treat me? :P:P:P

Sorry, Bo...we'll have to amputate. :P:P

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I am sorry to learn of your misfortune and glad you are able to post Your ability to reflect with us is a testiment to your character and your tenacity. God Bless you sir ., get well soon.

Any scarring will only add to your character :P

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Well, sir, thank you for not dying! That looks like it was an E-Ticket ride for sure. Mend up, ye crusty ol' Pyrate, so ye can show off them new scars. As I am fond of saying, scars are tattoos with better stories.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

OH! Bo, this is surely a sign ~ please, rest up the remainder of the year, and join us at PiP!

All joking aside ~ my heart was in my throat reading this thread. We all travel so much for this hobby, and in our personal lives as well. Please, everyone, take his luck to heart, as a reminder to buckle up.

Mend well, Bo ~ so very glad you are still with us.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

OMG!

So glad you are here to post. So glad it was just the car. Please do not try for #20.

Now comes the fun part ...How did the pyrate Bo get these scars? All that glass ...from a blunderbuss no doubt ...what about the leg? I can't wait for those stories! :P

Glad you survived that nasty crash, Bo!

BUCKLE UP FOLKS.

Yup, seatbelts saved my life and Mr. H's several years ago when we were hit from behind by a drunk driver. His pick-up truck spun our little compact car 180 degrees to end up in a ditch. Car was totalled, we were both knocked unconcsious, the VFD had to pry us out with the jaws of life. That model of car predated air-bags, but, thanks to our seatbelts, we survived with just concussions and whiplash (which was bad enough).

And that Black Ice sounds scary, Bo! Roads are deceptively slippery here today too. Glad I talked Mr. H. into taking the subway this morning instead of driving:

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_31116.aspx

Get well soon, Bo!

And stay safe, everyone!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Whoa! The fact you walked away with just some minor scrapes is a miracle!

Take care and heal up!

I see pictures on the news here all the time when it's snowing badly somewhere east of here and there's always shots of cars sliding off the roadway and crashing.

I'm glad we don't have to deal with that here!

Honestly, it was more like crawled then limped away. :unsure: Couldn't get out through the front doors on either side so I hadda flip over into the back and kick open the rear door. I never had any experience with airbags before and they filled up the compartment with smoke and smelled electrical. (after hitting me square in the lips on the second hit <_< ) I wasted NO time getting un-hitched and outta there! Burned alive is not exactly my favorite form of death ya know. Thanks for all the well wishes and PLEEEEASE take my experience as your own.

Bo