Lookie what I did

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo,

i think yer lady would be right to clobber ye for the suggetion of a cycle.......but overly glad you are well enough and will heal up after all. heal well and take care

salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

OK, I consider myself to be an observant individual, always watching everrything to be aware of the goings on that surround me. Ya'll believe in "signs" that sometimes "tell" ya things to look out for and such?

We went to look at the Malibu, and they also had a really nice Lumina on the lot, so we test drove it first. Nice ride, a bit larger and more comfortable than the Malibu, same drive-train and comparable gas milage. Everything works and it floats down the road. We get back and they have the Malibu ready to go. We get three blocks from the lot, right in fron of Wal-Mart and a Suburban turns into the center turn lane, leaving the rear-end sticking out into the next lane where a One-ton chevy dually wheel truck is heading, and us in the next lane against the curb. The dually swerves into our lane to avoid the Suburban, and nearly crunches us against the curb. CLOSE CALL! I told Blondie; "You turn this thing right around at the next driveway and head back. I've seen all I need to."

We bought the Lumina, and it was $1000 less than the Malibu, just higher milage, but very well maintained.

Today is Blondies Birthday. We also traded in our Astro AWD, and using the left-over from the insurance along with our tax return, she now has her truck for her horse training/trailering business/hobby. This whole thing has turned out pretty good. I asked my son if he wants me to crash his Blazer for him so he can get something new. He punched me in the good arm! (just a love tap though :lol: )

Bo

Cripes, Bo! Watch out, man. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope to do it again someday, so stay alive. I get the feeling there's a lot of things a lot of people can learn from you, so stick around so you can teach 'em.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Aye, two fer one - Good Show!!

I once had a cycle salvage shop, when I was seeking parts for me '61 Triumph 3TA, he come out t' see what I had and instantly offered t' trade "Any TWO of th' bikes ye see here on th' sidewalk" - oooh, I saw an Indian and a couple others that set me a drool'n they did...but I thought t' meself "first a cop follows me int' a parking lot and offers t' buy me Trumpett (bout scared th' crap out o' me too he did!) then a couple other cars pull along side me at stop lights and ask me t' sell her, now this....No Way, she be worth something" (she was too, limited import edition). Twas barely a year later that I lost her in th' accident.....t' think, if I had taken them two others then I would still have had One!!!

:lol:

So now Capt'n Bo, ye can afford another accident!!!!! .....so ye wanta pick me up at, we will take this one down in Glory! :lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!