Random Rabbits

Mission

OH NO, NOT NIGHT OF THE LEPUS!!!!!!

Chain Shot and I saw that at a hotel one night. It was after a Christmas party Pepsi put on for their employees at the hotel's banquet room. We got up to our room at about midnight, flipped on the TV and that's what was on. We both looked at each other and just starting laughing. That movie is REALLY hilarious when you've had a bit too much to drink.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Ah-ha! I have found something almost as good as MST3K! One of my favorite complete-waste-of-time sites, The Agony Booth, has done a re-cap of this movie. It starts out a little slow, but the re-cap gets better and better as you read it.

Check out The Agony Booth's Recap of Night of the Lepus.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ah-ha! I have found something almost as good as MST3K! One of my favorite complete-waste-of-time sites, The Agony Booth, has done a re-cap of this movie. It starts out a little slow, but the re-cap gets better and better as you read it.

Check out The Agony Booth's Recap of Night of the Lepus.

A seven page re-cap!?!

Good gods man! That's longer than the original script!

A seven page re-cap!?!

Good gods man! That's longer than the original script!

I did warn you that it was a complete-waste-of-time site. The first page is sort of blah, but I find it gets funnier and funnier after that. Plus, after reading it, you don't actually have to see the movie!

(Are you certain there actually was a script?)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I think they gave one of the rabbits a pencil, and it wrote the script. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 2 weeks later...

So today I was on my morning constitutional to the local coffee emporium, when I spotted an ad in their window for a coffee drink called a "Huffy Bunny." (Note that this is the same brewer of beans that provided the setting for the scary Marshmallow Peeps Coffee story I told last year.)

Nevertheless, the idea of a coffee drink called a Huffy Bunny intrigued me, so I asked the morning Barista (who is still Bethany) what was in a "Huffy Bunny." She laughed at me and tartly replied that it was called a "Fluffy Bunny" and I had misread the sign. (Bethany is used to my bizarre banter by now.) Well, I looked at the sign and noted that it indeed said "Fluffy Bunny" although the fancy script made the 'FL' look like an 'H' if you weren't paying close attention.

So I asked here what was in that. "Caramel and marshmallow." Huh. Not at all what I would want to find in my coffee. It does sound vaguely like something I would picture my pal Black Syren drinking on an outing. (I can't abide caramel. It's sticky. I'm not a big fan of things gooey.) So I asked Bethany what she would put in a Huffy Bunny. Bethany is a lot of things, but even she admits that she is not very creative. She did say that if I came up with a recipe, she would be sure to promote it for me.

I personally think we should start with espresso, to invoke the huffiness of said bunny. Beyond that, I am open to suggestions. I lean away from the marshmallows, unless they are bruised. Caramel is right out. Anyone else have ideas?

Mission_banner5.JPG

perhaps a touch of chicory? bunnies and chicks go together, in my world anyway.

Splendid! In it goes! Any other suggestions?

Mission_banner5.JPG

How about Kahlua, dark chocolate, and Cherry

Well it is a coffee shop, so the Kahlua is not an option. Dark chocolate definitely hearkens to huffiness and dark-colored bunny. For some reason I can't see huffy bunnies as being white, so that is a good suggestion. The cherry will be the nose. B)

Mission_banner5.JPG

TIM: Follow. But! Follow only if ye be men of valor, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived! Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

ARTHUR: Where?

TIM: There!

Killer_rabbit.jpg

ARTHUR: What, behind the rabbit?

TIM: It is the rabbit!

ARTHUR: You silly sod!

TIM: What?

ARTHUR: You got us all worked up!

TIM: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.

ARTHUR: Ohh.

TIM: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on.

ROBIN: You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!

TIM: Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide; it's a killer!

GALAHAD: Get stuffed!

TIM: He'll do you up a treat mate!

GALAHAD: Oh, yeah?

ROBIN: You mangy scots git!

TIM: I'm warning you!

ROBIN: What's he do, nibble your bum?

TIM: He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!

ARTHUR: Go on, Bors. Chop his head off!

BORS: Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!

HolyGrail177.jpg

TIM: I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

I knew it must come up eventually!

Of course, it added this fine picture of a rabbit with a skull.

Killer_rabbit.jpg

This makes this thread the best ever! (Until I change my mind in five minutes, that is.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

I knew it must come up eventually!

Somebody had to get the topic back on track. I'm surprised it went 4 pages without a killer bunny!

Of course, the next one has to be the Trojan Rabbit...

HolyGrail066.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Hmmm...there are two words I never thought I would see together...."Trojan" and "Rabbit"... :blink:

They are actually quite common...

aaEasterTrojanBunny.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

there are two words I never thought I would see together...."Trojan" and "Rabbit"...

Wellll..... I guess fer bunnies wot wanna practice safe sex.......... :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Now ye know.... I ain't particularly good at waRshin clothin an such.......

But I do know when not ter put somethin' in the "Fluff Dry" cycle................... :huh:

They didn't seem to appreciate this over in the thread "The way to my heart..." in the Forum That Must Not Be Named, so I am putting it here where it will have a safe and happy home.

2013B.JPG

Mission_banner5.JPG