PYRACY PUB ARTISTS

Ransom

Aye, Patrick.

Got a few idears though.

Ransom:

Will addresses be sent via PM's? (I guess?)

Now is the 15th the day they get sent off? Or is that when we begin and send off the journals 'tween the 15th and the 1st?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I have a journal that was given to me years ago.

Leather bound, natural seckled paper, soft leather cover stitch bound to lay flat when in use. 100 pages. Would be perfect except ...it is only 4" x 5".

Drat! B)

I want bigger artwork. :rolleyes:

Aye, Patrick.

Got a few idears though.

Ransom:

Will addresses be sent via PM's? (I guess?)

Now is the 15th the day they get sent off? Or is that when we begin and send off the journals 'tween the 15th and the 1st?

The fifteenth is the day they are to be mailed. Hopefully, the postal service won't mess anyone up by taking forever for a book to get from point A to point B.

Addresses should be PMed. Since you will always be forwarding the books to the same person, you only need the one address. For example, I'll always be sending books to Boots, and receiving books from Silkie.

Ack, I've just started my journal, but only roughed in some pages. So, now I know what I'll be working on this weekend. :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Addresses should be PMed. Since you will always be forwarding the books to the same person, you only need the one address. For example, I'll always be sending books to Boots, and receiving books from Silkie.

Aye then...

:rolleyes:

Silkie m' lady.... B)

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Just had two more thoughts! (Scary, I know)

1. Remember to put your name in your journal. That way, if someone wants to put something in a specific person's journal, they will know they've got the right one. (Okay, so Patrick's will be easy to spot, being a work of art to start with, but for the rest of us....)

2. Sign, initial, or make your mark on each page you do in every journal. When the exchange is over, and the rotation order long forgotton, each artist will be able to see who did what pages in their book.

If anyone else has ideas to share, feel free!

R

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

ART JOURNALS GO OUT THIS FRIDAY! :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Books go out tomorrow!

I am apologising ahead of time to you all - I realized that I put my book together starting from the back of the sketch book, not the front ( I had both end pieces covered, so they looked the same). It means you have to fuss with the binding rings to get the pages to lay flat.

Sorry! :D:blink:

R

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Yeah, I got a little crafty on this thing. I wanted to have fun, and not get too serious (but I can do serious when I have to!). I did rather like the way the covers came out, though. Amazing what you can do with crinkled brown paper bags and a little paint. :angry:

Silkie, I got your msg that your book is on its way. I'll let you know when it arrives.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I'm sorry you missed the deadline, Lady Alyx. I have PMed you with the reason for the closure. Hope you understand.

Ransom

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Every two weeks, or basically, the 1st and 15th of each month.

Just curious...have all the books made it to their first stop? No mail problems?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Yes, Silkie, I got your book. Great cover!

If any of you haven't received a book yet, PM the person who should be sending you one. For you, Silkie, it's Captain P.E.W.

In order for this to work smoothly, everyone needs to get the books off on time. Also, you may have to bite the bullet and mail them priority, otherwise it will take too long for the next artist in line to get them, and they'll have to rush to do the pages.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Yes, Silkie, I got your book. Great cover!

Thank you lass ...I thought it appropriate considering.

I had plans for the back and at some point I plan on putting in a few of my own pages. I may even mail them to the next person in line so they will be in place for the rest ...or maybe not. :lol:

I am also thinking that I will make photo copies or take photographs of the pages I make for others and incert them in the back of the book when I get it back.

Okay, guys, this is NOT going to work if you don't mail the books on time. The next round is due to start on the 1st, but since that is a Saturday, I'll bump it to Monday the 3rd.

Captain P.E.W - what's the hold up? You've put Silkie two weeks behind, and will slow up everyone. If you've mailed it, and it's the postal service, then we'll figure something out, but you CAN'T mail these regular post or book rate, because it can take weeks to arrive.

PM me if anyone has had problems getting books on time.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I'm going to extend the mailing date to give Silkie some time to catch up. So, all books make the second jump on JULY 5th. We'll see how fast the book get around on this next leg, and if the postal service is going to be a snag, we might have to make the jumps once a month, instead of 1st and the 15th.

Other than Silkie, no one has posted anything lately. I'm getting a little nervous! <_< Is everyone still in the game and doing fine?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg