Coffee or tea?

JohnnyTarr

I've got a craving for a tall cup of iced honeybush tea after a hot day mowing with my reel mower. Now if the blasted weather would just improve!!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the time... Chai.

Otherwise, I'll enjoy Earl Grey or Lady Grey. Sometimes with milk and sugar.

Don't often drink coffee unless it's a specialty coffee like a Cafe Mocha, Mocha Latte, Mocha Frappe or Cappencino. Rarely an occassional Esspresso.

~Lady B

:mellow:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually never drink alcohol (it doesn't mix with my asthma medication) other than maybe a small sip on occassion (so my meds don't end up killing me dead because of the mix).

The only coffee I like is Douwe Eggberts Senseo mild (I'm picky), I like several kinds of tea though: ice tea, green tea, fruit teas.

But in all honesty I'm a non-bubbly water (Evian for the win!) and fruit juices (as long as they don't contain banana, banana is vile and poisenous [can you tell I'm allergic?]) kindda person :)

a nice chai latte actually made with breve (half and half)

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Coffee - every morning. I have no personality until I've had my coffee. Dark roast - black - no sugar, no cream. It brings me back to life.

Tea -- in the afternoons (around 3-4pm). Green tea is my favorite. With sweetener - sugar or honey. A completely different taste from my morning coffee.

I also like chai (iced or hot) and espresso drinks (iced or hot) - almost any time.

This is, of course, why I'm up late at night posting on the Pyracy Pub...

:ph34r:

Coffee - every morning. I have no personality until I've had my coffee.

It's not that I lack personality until me blood-level of coffee reaches it's proper level, 'tis that I have no Civility. And that be why the husband brings me a cup the minute he hears the alarm go off...similar to throwing raw meat to a savage animal... ;)

"Don't worry, it's not My Blood!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mmmm, I Love Coffee, Tea and Cocoa....and well shared with the right person, well then....mmm, it can even be more delicious....now isn't it?

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Chai would be wonderful about now!

Aye Mistress, Chai Tea wonderful in the late afternoon sittin on yee porch watchin the boats go by...... thats me of course...... I'm with ya

My Soul Is Full Of Longing For The Secrets Of The Sea And The Heart Of The Great Ocean Sends A Thrilling Pulse Through Me .....

Mmmm, Chai Tea, sounds delicious. I think I will have me a cup and I will sit a bit with ye and watch the view of boats going by....thank ye for the invite....

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

If given the choice between coffee or tea in the morning I would most certainly take the coffee, blacker than pitch to be sure.

However in evenings since I already have trouble sleeping, there's no need for extra caffeine so I tend to go with tea..or alcohol.. :lol:

"I'm no fencing master, but I had some schoolin' in the art of cold steel"

If given the choice between coffee or tea in the morning I would most certainly take the coffee, blacker than pitch to be sure.

However in evenings since I already have trouble sleeping, there's no need for extra caffeine so I tend to go with tea..or alcohol.. :rolleyes:

Aye. And if tea, preferably herbal or decaffineated.

If alcohol, preferably rum or brandy, neat. :P

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• 2 months later...

Right now I have been living off of coffee to help my asthma. I have found out recently that a spoonful of honey in black coffee is very smooth and delicious.

As when I am drinking tea, well, now with that I have been making some hot toddy's, either using Drambuie or Disaronno.

Must have coffee. The stronger the better. (Although I do put cream and sugar in it). I don't function as a human being without it. It's not a pretty sight.

My favorite Christmas gift last year was a gift card from Starbucks. B)

I occasionally drink hot tea if I don't feel well or ice tea in the summer.

Coffee, coffee, coffee.....

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Must have coffee. The stronger the better. (Although I do put cream and sugar in it). I don't function as a human being without it. It's not a pretty sight.

B)B) You made me laugh Lily, thanks.

I became addicted to coffee when I was in college. I had night classes and needed to stay awake or focused depending on the professor. The tea in the machine was horrible so I switched to drinking black coffee. I love coffee and the different flavors. But aye, I usually need a cup of Joe in the morning to give me a kick start especially since I am a night owl.

B) Anytime BriarRose..

I started drinking coffee with my grandmother. A little bit o'coffee and lots of milk. She was such a sweet little ole Italian woman, barely spoke English, but we had fun dunking our graham crackers in our coffee. "Eh" (gotta do it with the hand jesture though). B)

Today is another coffee day for sure.

Lily, you reminded me of my Grandfather. He used to make the best coffee ever. And I often associate the smell with him. Aye, I do miss him dearly.

Aye :wub:

I can't eat graham crackers without thinking of my grandma.

My grandfather was quite the character. I grew up thinking everyone's grandpa had a wooden leg. :rolleyes: Didn't they?

A toast to grandma & grandpa. Always in our hearts. B)

Aye Lily, a Toast to our Grandparents who are now in the Summerland. :rolleyes::wub:

Drinkin' a nice hot cup of Blackberry Sage Tea with Southern Bell Honey...wonderfully relaxing and delicious.

The honey is from The Bee Folks. We got it at Pennsic. I must say if is absolutely the best honey I have ever had. And I can't wait to try the other kinds we bought as well.

Here is the website if any one is interested: www.beefolks.com