Firefly: Mal or Jayne?

Duchess

Like the Firefly: Inara or Kaylee topic you're going to choose. Feel free to throw in the other guys if you so desire.

okay I've got to catch a bus but I'll be back to share my opinions later...

I'd lean towards (or on ;) ) Mal if I had to choose between the two. Both of them have strength, character and a certain level of conviction to whatever they believe (in conjunction with the good or bad that they do), but Jayne seems to not know when to keep that little voice inside his head from speaking (literally). And he occasionally crosses that "shady friend" line where you wonder if he'd hand over his buddies to the Alliance if they paid him. (I won't delve into spoilers with further info or thoughts on that.)

Mal seems to know how to handle conflict better (communicate, then punch or shoot if that doesn't work). Jayne sometimes reacts to disagreements and/or conflict with a response that borders on a young child's reaction, or of someone who you might have to duck from (even if he's on your side) because you're afraid you'll catch a punch or bullet meant for the bad guy.

And Mal's easy on the eyes...he has a nice ass (heh).

In terms of the guys on that show, I'd put Wash above Jayne. I've always thought Wash was an outstanding character and guy. Hey...he turned down Yo-Saff-Bridge! :) If he were Jayne, well some of you would know what might've happened.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Alright so I really lean toward Jayne. Sure he isn't very smart and hes right on the edge. But he does think things through in a very practical manner, and while what he often says is offensive or unwelcome it is usually what other people think but aren't saying.

Plus that scene where hes brushing the lady's hair while planning for battle...thats good.

Jayne! Jayne! Jayne!

did I mention I like Jayne? :lol:

Seriously, he's got all my bad traits, only worse. He's not, not smart, he's just too much of a reactionary to be over thinking things. Mal is just too pretty boy diplomat for me. With Jayne you know he's not going to sugar coat shit. Plus, he named his gun, he wears that stupid hat, you know there is a softy in there someplace.

Yep, Jayne all the way. :)

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog