The Day of your retirement...

oderlesseye

Jill, what did you experience in the haunted house? The bad one or even the better one.

The bad one was the house I grew up in. Whatever was there was unhappy and unfortunately, used my closet as home base. At the oddest times the house or just a room would be filled with a strange or nasty smell and at times malevolence would emanate from my closet.

In the other house, I saw the ghost more than once, as did my roommate. In fact, one evening as my roommate was washing his wetsuit in the garage, the ghost looked over his shoulder and startled the bejesus out of him. Later that evening, I was working on my car and saw the ghost walking across the garage about eight feet from me. He was benevolent, a blue-collar kind of guy. A friend of mine who was a shaman was able to help him on his way and we never saw him again.

I've seen ghosts a-plenty in other houses and locales. They seem to be drawn to me for some reason.

RHJMap.jpg

I guess haunting others could be a fav past time while "retired" ! B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Speaking of flames...I've asked my friend Mike to do me the honor of a proper viking funeral with a burning ship and a drunken funeral party. He has promised to steal my body and take it to the gulf of Mexico for this very purpose.

Not that I want the day of retirement to coincide with my funeral*, but I have always said that exact same thing! Pretty cool Willy! I have even given some thought to looking through the CFR to see what laws if any it might violate.

Here's to us getting what we want! Though not any time soon!

:huh:

* That would be seriously bad... though I suspect I work within easy toasting distance of DC if some loony ever nuked it.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Not that I want the day of retirement to coincide with my funeral*, but I have always said that exact same thing! Pretty cool Willy! I have even given some thought to looking through the CFR to see what laws if any it might violate.

We've counted several laws that my request would violate. Transporting a dead body over a state line without the proper permits, for a start. I told Mike to take my body to Four Corners and transport me over all four state lines as many times as he can.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

^ Have I mentioned I love this man?

In a truly platonic icon worship kinda way of course..

His wife is waay too cool..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

without the proper permits, for a start.

Death and Taxes.... is that all theres left? Even When ye breathed ye last.... :huh:

Authority over steps the bounds in some cases... So does this mean A Viking funeral is illegal? I know Eye can get arrested for liquor consumption on the beaches of San Diego.. :huh:

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

Death and Taxes.... is that all theres left? Even When ye breathed ye last.... ;)

Authority over steps the bounds in some cases... So does this mean A Viking funeral is illegal? I know Eye can get arrested for liquor consumption on the beaches of San Diego.. ;)

...you have the right to remain silent about the hidden barrels of rum on your patio.... ;);)

So does this mean A Viking funeral is illegal?

In California...... it is Highly Illegal..... But that's why ya have your friends do it for ya anyway.......

If yer going to go......

DANG.....

GO WITH STYLE.......

heck wit wot th' law says.........

"Hey cops ... I'm outta here.........."

Kinda interesting how this whole thread has switched from retireing, to dieing. I thought retirement meant you got to enjoy your "golden" years, not instantly kick the bucket. **shivers** I got a lot of stuff planned when I retire - if I ever do, and taking a dirt nap isn't one of them! :(

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I got a lot of stuff planned when I retire -

I am going with this :(

I am just finishing my last rental., a 3 plex. Now its all about saving.., for the first time in my life I can actually do the actual saving part before I take the big leap into retirement...., remember when you stop working ., you stop making money......., so I have to prepare., an alternate income (Besides Tropico Beach....., I cant eat the beach)

3-Plex0012.jpg

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

You would be EXTREMELY WELCOMED . Do you like JUMBO shrimp? We would be Happy to accomodate any and all pirates for a trip to the islands. Spanish Cathedrals ., sugar cane plantations .,island hopping ., anything a guest wants will be our agenda. Modest cheap and spoiled.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Ah my gold toothed pirate friend...you know I'll be there...

I'll bring some cocktail sauce!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Sir William if Pub members planned an outing for the Philippines.., That would be a dream come true for us. We are still 2 to 3 years from departure then we need to finish Tropico..,(I bet most of us will still be Pub members at that time) 12 to 20 fully dressed pirates hanging out at the Bar and Marina.,dressed to kill every day for 21 days blowing cannons ., Then Island hopping about the islands in garb.

We would love to be the pubs get away at the far side of the world. 7107 Asian islands with a heavy spanish flavor where your dollar is 50 to 1 !!!

You would want to come back ! ! !

The only thing I remember about the PI was the Women and the

endless San Migel chased wit Mojo !

Nice Spread ye workin up .... :o

perhaps Eye should think beyond shooting my alarm clock...

Noquarter2copy.jpg

My husband took an early retirement...he had enough of factory work and he didn't want to die in the plant. That's a serious statement as many workers have died in the plant or were taken to the hospital So far he is in good health and is enjoying HIS retirement but I am at the other end where I am still cooking,cleaning,shopping plus working. When I do officially retire in 10 years, I'll still have to cook, clean and shop :o so I guess I'll never officially have a retirement.

And my job has no benefits, well at least no earthly ones!

kttcsignature.jpg