What kind of weather are you having?

Silent

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, since I woke up this morning to find that my fucking furnace has died!

you have my condolences. When are the services? :( Hey Im still running around in shorts and a tshirt most days and nights.

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

It's fairly cold - in the 30's and 40's mostly, with rain. It's pretty much below freezing temps every night, so we'll get some snow in the hills. (Probably in lower elevations than we're used to in the SF Bay Area.)

And before you call us in the Bay Area wimps, please remember that our houses aren't designed with cold weather in mind, so when we go inside, we don't really get any relief from the cold. Basically, we have to pretty much be sitting on our heaters to feel any warmth from them. Step three feet away and it's cold, cold, cold!

RHJMap.jpg

Oh yeah... cold and snowy! Very un-pirate-like... :lol:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Chicago: 10 inches dumped on us a couple days ago. Bitter, bitter cold -- single digits (born here: used to it). Terrible weather.

You probably all heard this on the news -- a plane (737, if I recall correctly) trying to land during the storm at Chicago's Midway airport, hit the runway and could not stop -- shot down and past the runway, through the outer fence, and into a neighborhood intersection. Hit a couple cars and landed atop of one. A six-year-old boy was killed in the accident; the family was on their way to his grandfather's house. A sad, sad story.

So, the weather here sucks. Welcome to Chicago in the winter.

East Coast beware: It's headed your way.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

It was the most amazing thing!! This morning, all the way up until 2:00 in the afternoon, it was overcast and gently snowing. Same as every day. But then, around 2:30, this beautiful golden light came down from the sky! I've never seen anything like it! When I looked off to the southwestern sky, I saw this brilliantly illuminated sphere, just hovering there! Everyone was coming out of their house to see this mysterious thing. Then, about 3:30, the sky was it's normal low overcast, and the strange, magical orb was not seen again. Perhaps we'll never know what that beautiful object was. I promise, I was not hallucinating. Everyone saw it. Maybe one day, we'll know for certain.

Welcome to Minnesota in the Winter... :huh:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

After some rain and gloomy weather, we've got some temporary sunshine. It's supposed to be sunny and crisp until next weekend, when we're supposed to get more rain.

Silent - what if you have to step out of your car so that you can pour water on the windshield to help melt the ice??? I guess they want you to be as inefficient as possible.

RHJMap.jpg

After some rain and gloomy weather, we've got some temporary sunshine. It's supposed to be sunny and crisp until next weekend, when we're supposed to get more rain.

Silent - what if you have to step out of your car so that you can pour water on the windshield to help melt the ice??? I guess they want you to be as inefficient as possible.

It's only if you are no where to be seen.

Sorta defeats the purpose of warming up the car... :unsure:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

• 2 months later...

We are supposed to be getting 4-8 inches of snow Saturday. Right now it's only 35 degrees, but Saturday the high is supposed to be only 33. It will be the first GOOD snow we've had this winter.

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

I be jes the opposite of Matt. It be forecast to hit 75 in central North Carolina today, and 80 by Sunday. Crazy fer this time of year. Flowers are bloomin' everywhere and trees buddin'. We had no snow at all this winter, and normally would.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp