Oscar Nominations....

Iron Bess

What??!! Bill Nighy wasn't nominated at all? That's not fair! His whole character was CGI and he really had to do all his acting using imagination with the blue suit thing he wore. That's 10x better than some of the other lame ass people who did get nominated! This is why I've never been a fan of the Oscars. :blink:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Bill Nighy was robbed, then. But as you said, there's always next year.

And at least POTC was recognized in the areas that they definitely excelled!

True enough... we are are nominated in the CG catagory and if we don't win THAT then there is no God of the Seas.... :ph34r:

It's all for Bill y'know... :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

But we are particularly disheartened that Joel Harlow was not nominated for his Make Up effects.

Every one of those other films sent their work OUT to be sculpted. It was all done by other companies for those films but Joel did every bit of his work himself. Bootstrap, the cannibals, Pintel and Regetti…. All of it. But Joel was not recognized.

That SO sucks. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It's been my experience that the folks most deserving of recognition rarely get it and must be contented with knowing within themselves that they've done a stellar job. Still, the external validation is always nice...

Is he working on POTC3?

He sure has been....

Out done himself says I..... wait til you see it! :)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Not in the make up catagory which is where Joel belongs....

Next year they may have an Actor catagory for CG though....

For performances like Golum and Davey Jones.

Seems to be the up and coming thing so I suppose it's a natural progression. :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Seems to be the up and coming thing so I suppose it's a natural progression. :(

What would they call the category? Best Actor in a Special Technical Effect Regional Distribution [bASTERD OSCAR]?

Oh I'm being bad, but then I love to mess with "powers that be".

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Seems to be the up and coming thing so I suppose it's a natural progression.  :(

What would they call the category? Best Actor in a Special Technical Effect Regional Distribution [bASTERD OSCAR]?

Oh I'm being bad, but then I love to mess with "powers that be".

I like it.... :)

Think I'll pass it along!! B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif