Lighthouses...what's yer favorite?

the%20fire%20isl%20light.jpg

FIRE ISLAND LIGHT _ MONTAUK,NY

lighthouse%20keepers%20door%202.jpg

Authorized by the Second congress in 1792, under George Washington

Construction began on June 7, 1796 and was completed on November 5, 1796!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Haceta Head lighthouse - Central coast of Oregon. Out on a rocky bluff - picture perfect - awesome. Wish I had a picture I could post, but they're all from my old camera, not digital. I even got a picture from inside looking up into the lenses.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Cape Hattaras, NC... One of my favourites...

Here's a link to all of the lighthouses in the US

http://www.pbs.org/legendarylighthouses/

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Interesting, in that I clicked into the site, and they don't list Heceta Head, which is one of the most photographed light houses in Oregon. Although, it looks like they may be calling it North Head, and giving you a really poor angle for the picture. I have a souvineer frig magnet that I bought at the lighthouse, and it's definatley called Heceta Head, as is the sign on HWY 1. Oh well.

The Cape Arago Lighthouse is about five minutes away from where we moor our boat, but it isn't open to the public. Drat!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I love Turkey Point Lighthouse in North East Maryland. You park and then have a nice long walk to get to it. It's got a beautiful view of the Chesapeake Bay all around it. On weekends they have someone sell water and soda for the people and they put out a big bowl of water for the dogs. I love walking my dog there.