Should eye or Should eye Not?

oderlesseye

There is a possibility that I may be offered a new position at work...

The Interview went well.

The catch is, I would be placed with a person who is known for verbal abuse. He is on a final written warning but there still has been times he has gotten away with being offensive, and demoralizingly critical to his current co-workers... The Management seems to be just winking at the situation.

So , My personal experience with this person has been painful in the past... I still pray for him and forgive him too. Nontheless, would it not be considered foolish to"voluteer to be placed in a dificult position" if I do take the New job? I would like to make the decision to take the job but I am on the fence....because of this...What would you do? Wave a recorder in front of him?

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Actually I think I would bring this to the attention of the one offering you the position/., get this threat up front and out in the open to begin with., and ask if your position is secure., no matter what may come from this offensive individual., and suggest that if you dont put up with it., is that ok., if not.., respectfully decline and hold where you are.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

That's a tough one, Eyes. No one likes to work with a jerk, but then, if it's a good promotion, then you really have to think about it. Botton line is, if this guy constantly gives you a bad time, can you deal with it without bursting an artery from high blood pressure? Or worse, taking your anger home with you - never a good thing. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I agree, for the most part, with Harbormaster. The caveat being that declining a promotion usually dead-ends you. So, bring it up with the supervisor offering the position; get the issue on the record, and take the position. But, be prepared to take your newly upgraded resume elswhere. Of course, a lot of corporate strategy is dependent upon your field.

Aye, good advice above.. I would start out by thanking them for showing confidence in your ability..this forces them into an immediate positive statement as soon as they agree with you.

You've already been offered the promotion, but this could reinforce your position during the conversation. Then follow with the fact that you have had experience with this person in the past (was it documented?) and state that you have every intention of maintaining a professional atmosphere.

That's what they are looking for, they need their job done first and foremost. They can do the math from there and will likely watch the person even closer. If the promo is for more money, I don't see why you should let the "jerk" hold you back.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes :angry:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Hello oderlesseye, good to see you again!

As far as me, I would for sure take the promotion. As I can see, this guy is on his last leg at the job anyway. If he has an attitude like this, sounds like he is very disgruntled. Additionally, if he has had final written warnings, it just makes that more concrete. As Red Cat said, "Don't let the 'jerk' hold you back." When you get the promotion and if this guy stays around, document notes to yourself with date, time, and incident. Get that paper trail going so you can do yourself and your co-workers a big favor for your work place and get him booted out.

signature4.jpg]

I have to agree with all of the patrons of this pub. Bring it up, put it on the record. I would take it. But the first time the jerk gets out of line, you must let the hammer fall. If you don't, he will continue, and when you finally bring it up to management, or Human Resources, they will wonder why you have not said anything before. Then they might possibly dismiss it as a clash of personalities.

Ultimately, it is your decision. If he is not worth the heartburn, then pass. But this might dead-end you. If you are not afraid of a little conflict, and what pirate is, then take it.