Random Photos

Ransom

If you're a fan, they cleaned up and re-released all the classic WB cartoons on DVDs called WB Golden Collection with a bunch of neat extras. My local library has them, so I've been going back and watching them again. (There's this irritating Whoopie Goldberg intro to each one that you must watch (but can FF through) explaining how these were from a different era and the sensibilities were different and blah, blah, blah. Yeah, ok, we kinda' know that and the kids don't care.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honour ye look very "bright" in that pic. (nice effect) where was that?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Honour ye look very "bright" in that pic. (nice effect) where was that?

It was taken at Bay Area Renfest last season. Just sitting in the right place at the right time. :rolleyes:

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

OOOOPS BRB

I can't upload images to photo bucket given my sat's slow upload speeds. So instead of hogging someone elses bandwidth I'm gonna post the link to this image here for those intrested in seeing it.

http://www.princeton.edu/pr/pictures/s-z/w...fe/m/2afull.jpg

This picture of Thomas Wolfe has fasinated me since child hood. It just seems to scream both Southern and intelligent. I always wondered why he wasn't smiling when I was a little kid.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

I have always been fascinated by Jeff Porcaro, founder of Toto and he did alot of studio drumming for Steely Dan.

To me this picture epitomizes the sheer joy the man found in his craft.

His drumming was superb and I could watch videos of him for hours.

He died at 38 due to an allergic reaction to a pesticide he sprayed in his garden.

jweffporcaro.jpg

He died at 38 due to an allergic reaction to a pesticide he sprayed in his garden.

I heard, from a number of sources, that it was cocaine addiction.

I'm not doubting your word, It's just what I heard

SHIP2-1.jpg

This was from Drummerworld--

'Jeff Porcaro suffered a heart attack and died on August 5, 1992. He was using a pesticide in his yard and an allergic reaction to the substance triggered the attack. An autopsy revealed a serious heart condition that had been previously undiagnosed. A report issued by the office of the Los Angeles County Coroner a month later also mentioned that a minute trace of cocaine was found in his body. Although traces of cocaine can remain in a body for years, the media latched on to the drug reference and widely reported that cocaine abuse was the cause of death. Unfortunately this rumor persists, in spite of repeated statements by those who knew him well that he had not used the drug for many years.'

Now....back to the original subject.

I was very dissapointed over the weekend after having developed a couple of rolls of 35mm film that I shot at the Newport Tall Ships, it seems that the camera battery died, thereby, causing the light meter to fail. :unsure: Note to self: always use fresh batteries when on a photo shoot. I used a Pentax ME Super.

However, knowing that mishaps do happen, I also took my Canon SD500 digital. The harbor shot is from the center span of the Pell Bridge. For those who have traveled this bridge, the view is quite majestic and breathtaking...only more so with square-rigged ships.

The second is from Beavertail Point in Jamestown:

PELL1.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w170/ff...ane57/PELL2.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg

Now....back to the original subject.

I was very dissapointed over the weekend after having developed a couple of rolls of 35mm film that I shot at the Newport Tall Ships, it seems that the camera battery died, thereby, causing the light meter to fail. :unsure: Note to self: always use fresh batteries when on a photo shoot. I used a Pentax ME Super.

However, knowing that mishaps do happen, I also took my Canon SD500 digital. The harbor shot is from the center span of the Pell Bridge. For those who have traveled this bridge, the view is quite majestic and breathtaking...only more so with square-rigged ships.

The second is from Beavertail Point in Jamestown:

PELL1.jpg

PELL2.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg

P1011129.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

This is so cool. It's the Earth at night. I think I'll sell light bulbs now.

earth-at-night-02.jpg

REDCATjENNY, I saw in the news last week ( can't remember exactly which tv station) about an artist who did a time-lapse video of the migration of air traffic from dawn till dusk. It showed radar images of the entire US, as trails of airliners spidering out form airports. the east coast flights would start first, then the midwest and west would light up in the day,and as time passed by, the country would fill up with lights from the flight paths.

here it is on Youtube:

SHIP2-1.jpg

Matt,

That is way cool. I am sharing it with people at work. It's accurate that's for sure..

There is a better pic, which I will post when I get home, but this shows all aircraft at a given moment over the US. Amazing no?

airtrafficmap.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Those are wonderfull!! You both look great! Maeve, you look like you just stepped out of a movie..Kudos! Glad you all had such a great trip. Can't wait to to see more. William you couldn;t have finished sorting ALL those have you? I mean I know Maeve said you were busy but ..woah :)

What Wonderful Pictures. Maeve you look totally Awesome. I can't wait to see more photos.

Thanks for posting them William. Absolutley Fantastic!

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.