Bounding Main at the Chicago Maritime Festival

CapnJake

Chicago Maritime Festival — Saturday, February 24, 2007

Bounding Main will be one of the featured performing groups at the 2007 Chicago Maritime Festival. Host to many popular international artists, the CMF has become the Midwest USA's premier venue for nautical music. The other, excellent performers appearing this year will be Jerry Bryant, Johnny Collins, the Philippe Duo, and hosts Tom & Chris Kastle. For those interested in both historical and contemporary maritime and Great Lakes topics, there are many information-rich seminars during the day to enjoy. We'll even be doing a workshop on - you guessed it - pirates!

Come experience Bounding Main at the Chicago Maritime Festival.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

You're not looking at this in the right light, I think. Your post is more of an informative note and doesn't really require or solicit a response. Responding would be a lot like talking to a broadsheet nailed to a wall. Since I am in Florida, I won't be going and saw no reason to respond in any case. Next time, ask how many folks around here are going to go or who have seen these acts before.

Also, look at the number of "views" the two posts have had.

Lastly, its not a lack of interest in pyrates, not from the people here. Just a lack of proximity.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Lastly, its not a lack of interest in pyrates, not from the people here. Just a lack of proximity.

Gosh, the Midwest really seems to be far, far, far from the coasts. Honestly, as much as I'd love to get to Florida, California, Washington State or to various points on the East Coast for the fun events there, I can't work out the logistics, either. I think there are considerably larger populations of pirate/maritime fans on the oceans than on the Great Lakes. Unfortunate, as this stands to be another one of a series of really good events.

Well, "wish you all were here!" as the postcard says.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Your post is more of an informative note and doesn't really require or solicit a response. Responding would be a lot like talking to a broadsheet nailed to a wall. Next time, ask how many folks around here are going to go or who have seen these acts before.

Hmn, point taken. My bad.

Thanks for the advice.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Dean, it looks like a great event - if just for the music alone! But sadly, even some us from the Midwest are still a little too far from Chicago to make the trip. ;) At least this year. Since it's looks like an annual event, I shall put it on my list of possible trips for the future. Hopefully, Bounding Main will be making an annual appearance, as well.

And you are right -- there are dozens of great nautical events on the shores of the Great Lakes.

I think there are considerably larger populations of pirate/maritime fans on the oceans than on the Great Lakes.

True, but I think there are actually a lot more of us Freshwater Pirates than you might think. Am I right? Show yourselves, mates!