real pirates

CheChe

I would tend to agree about Drake. Surely he was patriotic in his mind however his motivation was attaining wealth at the same time. At that time the Spaniards had a stranglehold on the new world and had most of it claimed to be their land. Drake knowing that his government wanted a piece of this wealth of the new world let him go out and attain his own wealth in the hopes that this would weaken the Spanish stronghold allowing his country to make a few towns out in the new world.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Arr. THe poor saps plyin the china straits and indonesia in small powerboats with kalashinkovs are probably as stuck as the buccanier, put between poverty, corporations, and their own beastly governments. Don't excuse behavior without a code, but it makes it understandable.

I wonders if, among them, there are a few who have read of the Pyrate utopias or the salle rovers, and are quietly, violently, seekin to replicate that life?

The golden age boys and girls were looking for an escape from a world dominated by privilage and inherited wealth and power.

Lemmessee, WHO is President, and who was his dad.

Naught changes but the size of the deck guns.

:huh:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered