Permission to come aboard?

SilasTalbot

Greetings and a hoist of the tankard to all. Capt. Talbot here...and at least in this incarnation Capt. Talbot has much more rogueish blood than you may think.

My home port is Boston, where my most well-known vessel makes port. But I've been known to commandeer others from time to time if it looks to be profitable.

I work as a player on the stage and screen, basically making my living wearing tall boots and a sword. A few years ago that began to include roaming the ports of New England as a privateer in the service of the rebellion against the King. And like any good privateer, I'm looking to do more so long as there's profit to be had.

This round is on me - here's to getting to know my fellow sea-wolves hereabouts.

S. Talbot

:huh:

Welcome aboard, Mister Talbot. Capt. James Warren's me name, but mates call me Capt. Jim or just Jim. Ray! A pint o' Smithwick's best on this here rougue's tab. Anyone rebellin' agin the King be a friend, indeed. Cheers Mate!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Aye Cheers an welcome fellow sea rover! Good friends and fyne drink shall findy ye here.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Welcome aboard, Kim....er, "Silas". Excellent website you've got there. Hope you plan on hangin' about (no pun intended) fer a bit.

I sees ye got off t' a good start with th' drinks. I'll take some rum 'n' lime if ye please!

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Welcome Captain Talbot. I'll happily drink yer rum, but I won't talk politics wif ye. Hope ye don't mind but tis not me favorite subject. Now should ye feel like changin it ta somethin a little less "fight inducin", I'll happy ta join in.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

G'day t'ya Meester Talbot. Ifin tis d'king ya oppose den yuv come t'd'right place.

Silkie swishes over to the new lad.

M'a bit uv an actress m'self ...I act like people enjoy seeing me up on stage! B) I do act but I nil do so professionally, I leave det t'd'professionals. I do sing a good song doh. So, I'll sing n'you act like ya like it! ;)

Sitting down she signals for Ray to serve up another grog for her on Mister Talbots coin

Now luv, wotch d'lasses ere ...d'ale steal yer heart ifin ya aren't careful!

more likely yer coin! B)

"The Silas Talbot? The commander of the USS Constitution? Yer a few years after the GAoP, but welcome sir!"

Thank you for asking - yes, I would be that Silas Talbot. And true is is that I am somewhat post-GAoP. But I am Capt. Talbot prior to the command of the Constitution...a proud (and profit-minded) privateer looking to take the King's ships as prizes and defend our New England ports.

(Long story short - I work for the Freedom Trail Foundation in Boston playing Silas Talbot. It started with just the walking tours, but it grew into sailing on the Liberty Clipper and leading the Historic Pub Crawl, and this year may include going aboard the USS Constitution as Capt. Talbot on the July 4th turnaround).

welcome aboard! i be the lady snow - if'n you need anything, come see me, i'm sure i could help you out.

ray - a round in honor of our new member!

B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Captain. I apologize for not coming in t' welcome ye sooner.

Always grand t' meet another who be formally against th' King. God can Bless 'im all He wants... bloody hell if I'll ever bless 'im! :huh:

Prayer be with thee in yer search for more wealth, mate. Hope the seas be treatin' ya well. And the Ladies even better. :)

I'll be havin' Captain an' Coke thank ye. Captain Morgan's favored drink that is. I don't think ye'd taste good soaked in Coke.

::ponders something a moment::: Someone else may though. :::evil grinz:::

Again, welcome to th' Pub, Captain Talbot.

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!