Ojai Pirate Faire- TWO WEEKENDS IN 2007

Rumba Rue

Listen up all participants of this event.

According to Gold Coast Productions who put on this event it will be TWO WEEKENDS in Sept. of 2007

Gold Coast Productions

I think this may be Dick Wixon's way of trying to cull out groups who 'don't do anything' . Unfortunately, it may also bring the hatchet down on the good groups. Many come from well out of the area and some even out of state...I know I don't think I can pull a two weekender out from the distance I live...it's a solid 4 hour drive for me, and I know those coming from the San Francisco area and beyond drive hours longer.

It will remain to be seen what becomes of this situation.... :lol:

I can't make it for two weekends.... it's an 8 to 9 hour drive just for me to get there....I take off Friday so I can drive down there... Then Monday so I can get back.......The only reason that I go to Ojai, is to see the Southern California Pyrates...

If it's an attempt to "cull out any groups"..... I think they found a great way to kill a Faire..... Lets see... the Faire has gotten to large for the space it has.... so turn it into an exclusive Souther Faire.... hey... who needs the Central California Pyrates........

Sorry... I might be getting too pissy.... I'll just have to see how it all works out.....

I think there is something happening the same weekend up North.... might be a good excuse to go and meet some of them.........

I too agree Patrick....but I also know Dick's side of it too. He's had to gatelist over a thousand people which is just unheard of for any event these days.

He's also lost a ton of money at Ojai in the past and may be trying to make up for it (just guessing here), or he might end up moving the event to Escondido, which I have heard through a direct 'pipeline' he's considered.... which would be fine with me (I'm seven minutes away from the site), but no black powder/cannons due to the residents living in the area around the park, and there's certainly no lake for a boat.

At the same time, I know of at least 4 groups (one I formerly was a member of) who do absolutely nothing at events except sit on their arses (no Tales of the Seven Seas, New Providence, and Pirates of Treasure Cove are just fine when it comes to entertaining the public at the Ojai events).

So it remains to be see what will happen.... B)

• 1 month later...

I believe the new Portland Pirate Festival falls on the same weekend.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.