New Stuff

kass

Have you heard?!

Reconstructing History

has expanded and is now carrying all sorts of stuff for your pirate impression!

We've got a new website, new toll-free order line (866-475-3773), and tons of new stuff to buy.

We've got frock coats, shirts, breeches, sailor's jackets, and justacorps.

We've got ladies' jackets and mantuas and stays.

We've got real hemp canvas that matches period sailcloth almost perfectly. And we've got twill and plain weave hemp linen for slops and jackets and trousers and watchcoats.

We've got hemp rope and twine and little pieces of string -- all period correct!

And of course we've got patterns from every time period from the Middle Ages to the Golden Age of Piracy. (And we're adding more patterns next month!)

We've even got how-to articles for beginners and tons of information to help you with your Golden Age of Piracy persona.

And that's not all... Just wait to see what we'll have next month!

So surf on by. Give us a look. Tell us what you think. We're here to serve you! :unsure:

RHAd2.gif

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Hi Morgan,

The 1" line weighs about 10lbs. We ship UPS ground but can do other services (USPS, FedEx, DHL) by prior arrangement.

If you're interested in a 50' coil, please note that it will be in stock after the holidays. But we can ship it to you as soon as it gets here.

Wow! Very nice! I'm glad I haven't finished all my "kit" shopping yet! I'll be by after the holidays!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Let me know when you have stays ready made...there's just some stuff I can't do, and that's one of them (I also just know I can't do that Mantua).... :ph34r:

BTW- the book I'm planning on sending you will have to wait until after the first of the year...as at the moment I'm broke and won't have any money till the beginning of Jan. 07 to mail it to you.

Cool about the book, Rue. I'm just glad to have it whenever.

However stays will not be ready-made. If I made them to standard sizes, they'd fit no one. I make them by custom order and the turn around time is generally 4-6 weeks. I guarantee fit so you can be assured to have something as comfortable as you can imagine.

Anything on our website can be handsewn, or partially machine and partially hand-sewn. The prices on the site are for machine work, but I can quote you anything you like, William. Just drop me a line and tell me what you're interested in.

Our turn-around time is generally 4-6 weeks but it can go up to eight weeks at certain times of year (Spring and Fall).

So is this where we get in line to become Kass' minions? Because I'd like to get in on the ground floor before it becomes mandatory & the entire world is falling to the Reconstructing History Empire.

;)

Seriously Kass, it all looks great. I especially love that you give the reference image along with the modern photograph. That really reintegrates the "history" portion to visitors.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Thanks, Chole. I guess we obsessives think alike! ;)

I've wanted to do that for a very long time. This new software integration finally allowed me to do that. ;)

Kass dear, would there be one of those gray short-jackets in sz. 38 about the shop? If after the X-Mas season passes and I get my finaces in order I want to go ahead with my GaoP kit as soon as I can. I will be looking to build mt own slops from your pattern and hemp stock too.

Thanx... Bo

Bo, there could be one of those grey jackets in a size 38. I'm sending more fabric to the seamstresses after the holidays. Shall I include one for you?

Kass... Yes. I have decided to hold off on my Border War stuff til April, as there is nothing coming up until mid-May, and I have the resources of others to loan me the gear I am missing there. This frees up my funds to continue with GAoP. I will call and confirm next week with my credit info if you need.

Thanks... Bo

So I'm going through the Reconstructing History web site today, and checking through various posts on this forum trying to decide the best route to go for making myself some GAoP garb, and gearing up to place an order when I get my paycheque later today...

And I notice something is missing... :P

Not to complain Kass, but your Reconstructing History site doesn't seem to sell a pattern for a period shirt. I looked and you sell shirts already constructed, but for the die hard do it yourselfer, I didn't find a pattern.

Am I not looking in the correct place? Or is this an item that is "in the works"?

I think I am just about decided on what I want for myself as far as everything else goes (pants/slops, waistcoat, jacket/coat etc.)... But I will probably require a shirt to wear under and with all of that, and I would prefer to make it for msyelf.

If you don't have one or have plans to release a pattern in the not too distant future, could you direct me to a source? Or will my option be to take w wild stab at it or purchase a premade item?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer! B)

Michael_banner.jpg

Hi Michael,

As you guessed, this item is "in the works". It's part of a forthcoming GAoP Accessories patterns (RH713) that will include shirts, shifts, men's and women's caps, headdresses, and other assorted stuff.

But if you want to order today, I recommend RH104 -- 1600s shirts. The men's shirt in this pattern is similar to the shirts in the GAoP. Matter of fact, for men, there's no difference between the shirt in this pattern and the one in the forthcoming pattern.

So as you like -- RH104 now or RH713 in a month.

Not that this statement will break your heart, but I will probably go with both options.... B)

I am striving to have some authentic pirate garb done for RF2 in February, for at least myself, but I will eventually want to get correct the patterns for garb for the misses... Or are the patterns for shift in the 1600s package the same or very similar to what will be forthcoming in the GAoP package in a month or so as well?

I see that you have added a great many more pictures of the fabrics on your site since I last looked a week or so ago as well.... Very nice stuff....

Michael_banner.jpg

Yes, I've been a busy little bee... :P

The pattern for the shift in RH104 is very different from the shift in the forthcoming RH713. That's one of the reasons I'm doing a new pattern. Men's shirts didn't change very much from the early 16th through the early 19th centuries, but women's shifts changed dramatically.

I wish I could sell you the new pattern and save you the money of having to buy two. I had hoped to get RH713 out in time for Christmas, but I had a lot of unexpected work with the new website. B)

But be assured that there will be so much other stuff in the RH713 pattern that you won't mind the fact that you have two shirt patterns. :P