draw the plank

Salty

avast mates...

been plotting the waters fer a wee bit o time and made few aquaintences and friends. so was wonderin where do ye draw the line here with things nautical vs. pyratical? in books fiction seems to be few an far and most refer to O'brian, non fiction as well there are a few that i have read and wonder what ye be reading.

as to garb gather teh time amied at be round afore and aft of the change to the 18th centuray, eetc

ok for now me question comes to an end but be wondering where the rest o ye "draw the plank"

B)B)

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

t'was meant in fun and play lads an lasses, on where we view the sailing culture on pirates vs thier magisty's royal navy

:lol:

Cheers :lol:

I think your question wasn't specific enough..... Pyrates were Sailors befor they went "On th' account".... So Pyrates are nautical..... But not everything nautical is Pyratacle...... :lol:

Were you asking if everyone here plays Pyrate, or do some play merchant, privateers, or other class during the time period ?

Or were you asking if people here read the Patrick O'brian books (and others) even tho they aren't about Pyrates... but are nautical and fun to read ?

Or did I compleatly missunderstand the question ? :lol:

The O'Brian books are an interesting variant on the practice. Royal Navy, to be sure, but there is the element of prize money for captures, which is an awful lot like privateering, which is sort of like piracy.

The time period isn't GAoP either, but too bad. The info on shipboard life is still fascinating.

Pyrating is privateering for one's self, only more private, I guess.

The british privateer ship HMS Gaspee burned in the waters of Narragansett Bay in 1772, that's a bit beyond GAoP. And the locals who burned that ship took some cargofor themselves while they were at it....kind of reverse piracy, but the American history books call it one of the first battle of the American Revolution.

SHIP2-1.jpg

aye lads,

to answer patrick no you did not misunderstand me, in fact you understood better then i did after re reading me post . pushed the wrong button ( happens alot with me)

and to the rest thanks for reply

had rather hoped to start this as a meet greet buy a round and trade concepts of what influences all here in thier personanas or and what ye enjoy bout such topics....

so cheers mates and if i stop being landlocked and think abit afore i post for sure :lol: hope to share and recieve the same as have so far in the pub