Vacation 2007....

Lady Seahawke

ok, I am a member of a vacation club...and need to use my vacation credits before I lose them. So, I need to book my vacation for 2007.

And am having a time deciding...but, here are just two of my choices...thus far these are my top two...what do you think...if it were you which would you choose? Or would you keep looking?

1st one...

April 21 — 28, 2007

Powder-white beaches meet warm turquoise waters for a picturesque Caribbean island escape in the Dominican Republic. Try out the international accents in both the cuisine and the impeccable service, action-packed activities. Indulge in water sports, parties, island activities, and nightlife—everything’s included in this incredible package. For more information, click here.

Package Includes:

* all-inclusive vacation package includes 7-night hotel accommodations

* All meals—full breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks

* Unlimited beverages, cocktails, and wine

* Daily activities and fitness programs

* Unlimited non-motorized water sports with complimentary lessons

* Live nightly entertainment

* All taxes, surcharges, gratuities and special group activities

* Private group check-in, a welcome reception, and group dinner will be arranged upon arrival.

* Round-trip airport transfers included from La Romana airport

2nd one is... August 19 — 26, 2007

Explore paradise as you travel with fellow owners to the inviting isles of the Western Caribbean. Carnival Cruise Lines’Carnival Conquest sails roundtrip for seven nights from Galveston, Texas, to these beautiful tropical ports of call:

* Montego Bay, Jamaica

* George Town, Grand Cayman

* Cozumel, Mexico

Package includes:

* Seven nights aboard the Carnival Conquest - Ocean view cabin

* Onboard welcome reception

* Full onboard meal and entertainment package

* Ports of call listed above

* All port taxes and government fees

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

WEll it depends if ye be wantin to set in the sand wi a drink and occasional snorkle and goode food (resort).. or be more social and have a more active itinerary (cruise).

I'd reccomend the cruise as long as you can find recent positive travelers reviews on the ship. Also check out the places it stops and what they are like after the last hurricane/storm season. I have heard vastly different reviews of this cruise line. Also check the size of the ship. Royal Carribbean, who advertises with pics of their largest most luxurios vessels, has a very small one (The Viking Sun) they use for inexpensive travel.

I had this experience on Norwegian, the rate was awesome. It was a first class suite with a large window and a small window, a couch, walk in closet, big tv, marble bathroom with full tub and shower. Very nice. The ports were nice. Key West, Cozumel, MIA. But though we had a nice time, afterwards I knew why it was cheaper. The ship though also nice and in goode shape, was much smaller, with only 1 main deck like the Viking Sun, and December sailing in the gulf was rough. Big waves. If you are prone to motion sickness. Check if this is the stormy season. The Christmas trees on boeard were all wagging back and forth-funny!

--

As for the resort,

I have travelled a lot and have to admit I like the concierge level in a 5 star hotel. That said, I have stayed all over. Good travel advisors will tell you contact the resort. email or phone..Ask questions!

1) When was the last time it was renovated? You'd be surprised. and don't let the price fool you . A $200 a night room that is heavily used and overdue for a refurb can have any of the following:

broken furniture, missing tiles, lumpy beds, stained walls or carpet and questionable cleanliness. No hair dryer, missing lightbulbs, ironing boards, holes in the screens. You'd be surprised. I stayed at a boutiquey place in the country in France and the screens were broken and the window partially left open by the maids letting in bugs the size of hamsters! Then the hair dryer blew a fuse and we had to get ready for a formal wedding in near darkness!. We had a great laugh after tho packed into a tiny car belonging to a couple from Israel who took pity on us and drove us back after we found out no cabs went back to Paris or our hotel after 9pm! It was pouring and I had to practically sit on top of this poor kid I didn't know with my huge poufy dress packed all around us! LOL

2) Will there be construction going on while you are there? Did this once-not fun at 7AM.

3) IS there 24 hr room svc-if not is there a microwave/fridge in the room or a restaurant open late nearby? (Us Americans eat a LOT later than most other countries.-I am a member of the 9 - 10 o clock dinner club and the night life only starts at 11:30!)

4)Is the beach just for the hotel or is it a public beach? Had this in one well known PRICEY Puerto Rico resort. I have no problem with locals, but the people on the beach were a little scary. The 3 pools and the bbq, hot tub area however were gorgeous. Swim up bars and all. We stayed mostly there and skipped the beach.

I have had many fabulous vacas and learned it helps to ask ask ask before you buy! ~ hope this helps!

RCJ B)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Thanks RCJ for the thoughtful reply. Excellent suggestions...so, I did a quick check on the cruise...

well, since this also a Carnival Ship, I checked out the size of the ship against the one I sailed on in Oct and found out the length, tonnage and number of decks are more on Conquest then on Fantasy, so it would seem that the ship for 07 is actually larger then the one I took this past year.

I'll see what I can find out about the the resort.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Personally I wouldnt take the cruise ship unless you basically wanna be on a cruise ship. Also I wouldnt worry about the resort either.., What I would do however is..........,

Take the resort trip......, for the room and the water sports.

If you dont have a PADI certification., then get on the net and find out what little dive shop right there has PADI courses., very likely the resort youll be staying at has them...., GET PADI CERTIFIED for diving., (3-days for a lifetime license) PADI is the worlds recognized DIVE organisation., and is in every country., Its a lifetime license., once you get it., you can dive anywhere., anytime..,and resorts around the world will rent you tanks and gear.

Spend the rest of the trip diving from a boat or? with a divemaster since he knows the area., tell him your new but wanna see lotsa fish..., do they have a santuary., take a throw away under water dive camera., and stale rolls of bread for feeding fish at 50 ft below sea level. Good memories of your trip.

Dont worry about the 200 dollar dinner., between scuba courses go to the public market., get mangos an avacados., and a knife from the market., as well as instant coffee 3 in 1 to take back to the room.

Eat as the natives do.., check out the enviroment..., explore a little. Its cheaper and youll feel great !

When in Rome do as the Romans do.

When in Spain do as the Spaniards do.

When in San Francisco Do Nothing..., leave..., fast. B)

In other words ., do your own thing at the resort ., 3/4 of the planet is underwater get certified take on a new hobby ., LOVE your life be grateful.., Its AWESOME. Diving is unbelievable....,this maybe your one chance to do it.

Thats me..,just my humble opinion. Thats what we do...., I am a "Dive-Pirate".

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Oh that is something else to think about!!!

Great ideas HarborMaster!

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

You mean you can't use them to go to reenactments...?!?! B)B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Re... en...act...ments??? well they have places near Williamsburg....ECCCKKKKK!!! DANG *&^(&^(%%^$^$# IT!!! B)B)

What the hell am I thinking about...PIP They have resorts in Florida...

Need to see how close they are to yearly PIP...

If'n I can use them for my vacation credits.

Let's see PIP is during the first week in Dec???

Heading over to the web site.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Rubbing hands together in hopeful glee....

ok, can someone tell me how close Pompano Beach, FL is to the PIP Fest?

If it is near enough, Can somoneone confirm the dates for the PIP for 07?

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Harbormaster ye have th right vacation attitude.!!.and by the way I'd love to retire to yer resort someday (checked th website) I think we'd all like ta be thereI am an avid snorkler who hadn't had the guts to dive without a real course. (Don't trust those hotel pool classes) But yes by all means absorb the local life! I ditch my watch and cell in the room when I travel for pleasure. However, mebbe cause I'm a lass.. I can't abide icky lumpy broken dirty or underequipped in my hotel. Most especially if I'm shellin out me plunder for it. However if I planned t go "local" or "rustic" then that's different. I have done that as well. Just can't abide unpleasant surprises. :lol:

I am an avid snorkler who hadn't had the guts to dive without a real course.
Red Cat Jenny

As an avid snorkler., your pretty much already adapted to being a diver., Its easy from here and fun. We are excited to get complete with our plans however we are not ready to be there yet..., but its coming .

We look forward to entertaining snorklers divers ., pirates and cannoneers who want to participate in 4 day dive safaris dressed like a pirate on our vessel. It will be alot of fun.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Ahoy! put me on yer mailin list if ye please...and good luck in the buildin! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Lady Seahawke ....., ?

Wot happened ......., ?

Tell me you are going to the Dominican Republic and will be doing water sports............, a PADI course .....You could go from Lady Seahawke to "Dive Hawk" B)

Its an adventure......., dont tell me your going to sail roundtrip for seven nights from Galveston, Texas ? on a ship with no sails?

hmmmmmmmmm do tell. :)

The Wife and EYe has decided to get midevil and flee to Scotland for a spell... Perhaps in three years anyway B) Saving dabloooms and getting the passports inorder for now.... B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

The part about my vacation club they have places all over the world. I had a chance to go to England/Ireland on a canal boat for a week, But, my travel partner couldn't make it and they wouldn't let have the boat to me onsies. *&)*^&^^^&%&%$ I had the dang thing booked too when they asked me to confirm how many in my traveling party...! Banging head against desk....I could have explored the canals and small villages but NOOOOO! I couldn't get her to commit to the time. GRRRRRR~!!!! And I didn't want to spend my vacation credits on something I couldn't guarantee...*&^%$&^#^%$%&*

Oh well such is life...Now to the new choices....Harbor Master I am REALLY torn between the able to go to the PIP and going to the Dominican...Yeah that is the one I am leaning toward. Would love to learn to dive...that is on the list of things must do in my lifetime.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

You couldn't pay me to go to the Dominican Republic - it's on the absolute bottom of my list of places to go in the Caribbean - might as well book a vacation to Haiti.

I would choose instead (if I had options):

Puerto Rico (Paradisus is a great all-inclusive there)

Jamaica

Grand Cayman

St. Thomas

Martinique

Of course, I would choose Moorea and Bora Bora hands down of any places I've been.

If I had a cruise choice - it would be a Windjammer cruise, not a big cruise ship.

If I did have to choose a big cruise ship, then stops in Jamaica and Cayman are good stops.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

You couldn't pay me to go to the Dominican Republic - it's on the absolute bottom of my list of places to go in the Caribbean - might as well book a vacation to Haiti.

Just outta curiosity.... why? I thought the political situation had settled down...

I always thought it would be kinda cool to go the Hispanolia and Tortoga.... (not that I am going anything soon... :blink: )

Just wondering.............

Patrick,

If ye look at my posts in "Ports o call" on Haiti and Tortuga, there's some info on the present climate thereabouts. You can also check the Gov't travel advisories for those areas. *Sigh* I wish it were better conditions.

Lady Seahawke,

If t wre me I'd take PIP hands down. What a chance for some real lasting memories and to make new friends!

Plus Florida offers a host of the things you can do in DR. Especially on Key West. The only draw back is they may be more expensive. It's not a cheap place. 'Tis why sadly I'll not b there. Anyway on a side note there was just a huge drug bust on a flight from DR last week.

Well, with the vacation club obviously the most expensive part a roof over the head is taken care of. The problem is to use it I have use one of the resorts listed with them...hummm we do have options to exchange them with a sister resort club....might see how close they are to PIP...

Windjammers Yeah they sound TERRIFIC...only they are in the exchange program this year...dang it. Oh well such is life...need to make my choice pretty soon.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...