Gold teeth?

Jib

When do we start to see "gold teeth" enter the world? I would guess it might be some difficult tech to bond gold to teeth. I would also guess people might want to kill you for your choppers if you had gold teeth and perhaps other items would be used.

I know Washington had false teeth which I believe were carved from cow teeth. But what about 'bonded' right on the tooth metals?

When do we start to see "gold teeth" enter the world?

I cant answer that..., but I will ask for you. I will be going in next week for my second gold tooth.,the lab work should be done then. I like them !

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I don't know about gold teeth in particular. However I have vague memories of paging through a book on ancient medical practices and coming across a section about ancient egyptians drilling out cavaties and filling the hole with a carefully shaped emerald or other precious gem. It was accompanied by pictures of skulls with said filled teeth.

Would gold teeth have been caps or would they more likely be an entire replacement tooth? Seems the second option would be much easier.

Found this info at the ADA site:

1530—The Little Medicinal Book for All Kinds of Diseases and Infirmities of the Teeth (Artzney Buchlein), the first book devoted entirely to dentistry, is published in Germany. Written for barbers and surgeons who treat the mouth, it covers practical topics such as oral hygiene, tooth extraction, drilling teeth, and placement of gold fillings.

1746—Claude Mouton describes a gold crown and post to be retained in the root canal. He also recommends white enameling for gold crowns for a more esthetic appearance.

http://www.ada.org/p...line_18cent.asp

Most likely a combination of properties. It is soft and easy to work with, it is reasonably durable, and also will not corrode or discolor, and won't cause a strange metallic taste in your mouth.

I don't expect that the toxic aspects of some metals was known at the time, so that probably was not a consideration.

Over all, gold is the most suitable metal of those commonly available at the time, even though it was expensive.

>>>>> Cascabel

I cant answer that..., but I will ask for you. I will be going in next week for my second gold tooth.,the lab work should be  done then. I like them !

Pics?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

This doesnt look real pretty ., 6 megapixels., and a self taken photo and snarl later., ask and ye shall recieve. The new one is on the bottom..., I do believe 4 more are coming to the other side., If I need crowns I will get gold., and at 44 ., the fillings on fillings arent too good . Its time for crowns.

Dirty isnt it :ph34r:

002.jpg

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Well I did ask.... but wow!

So I'm curious, when ye ask a dentist for this, what's their reaction? Although with "grills" in fashion now for the "gangsta" set, I suppose it's not so surprising to them?

Actually it was an arguement.,and he said no. Not in the front. People will change their mind .,or tell others the name of the dentist that did it.,and on and on. I finally got it thru to him I wanted it., I am paying for it., ect., but it was an arguement over a few days. Now he understands why I want them and is cool to do whatever I want done. I have seen grills. I am not to excited about the hip hop. For me Gold is alot stronger than porcelin + I like the look it does for me ., I will retire soon and live at our beach dressed as a pirate daily doing dive courses.

Yes I am strange but you only live once.,and.....,I am enjoying it * Wicked-Wicked-Grin * :)

Oh I don't go for the "gangsta " thing.. I had just read an article about all these jewel encrusted laminates and bridges people are getting. too much.. but how do the gold teeth fare? dent? discolor? taste wierd?

As far as ye retirin and livin as a pirate I am all for ye! jealous! Sounds wonderful! ;)

No..., there is no discoloration for gold., all those things Cascabel mentioned in his post are true about the qualities of gold. There is no taste.., no metal ., like drinking a beer from an aluminum can..., no nothing like that. Dent.., no-way., If you can dent a gold implant., or crown., the porcelin would have shattered under much less pressure. The only thing I notice is the Gold feels smoother to my tongue., some teeth are rough or a little leathery.,., not gold., smooth., other than that the only other thing I notice is the strange looks I get :D ..., but from where my eyes are located I cant see them (Them=Gold-Teeth) :D I think with my service clothes on I tend not to grin as big....., but with pirate garb I smile huge.., and at the wifes Christmas party for work., I will wear a 750.00 suit., look like a gazillion bucks., just dazzling., extend my hand out to her boss., grip his hand to a point he is nervous., while rolling the hand shake to expose a 1 ounce gold skull ring., then give him my "Dirty-Grin" ...., yea..............., A lot of gold....., all of it really wrong........, thats my favorite part :)

then give him my "Dirty-Grin" ...., yea..............., A lot of gold....., all of it really wrong........, thats my favorite part 

Oh..you've a new fan Harbormaster :D

• 1 month later...

mmmm sore mouth...,finally done.,and I am sure some saying why? I just got back from Los Algodones B.C. Mexico ., just across the colorado river from Yuma AZ.., Now I know why 500,000 R.V. trekking Seniors go there every year. Geez ever get all the free samples at a liquor store that you could want . Its awesome.

Anyway.,from 2 to now 11 gold teeth ;) I think I am DONE now Red Cat Jenny :huh: I can hear them already this up coming year..., all the little children......., "Is he real mommy :huh:

HMTeeth.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Harbormaster...I can't help but grin at each thing you do. How often in this age does anyone live the life of a true individual with such zeal? Or do it so well?And not to prove a point to anyone.

A modern day pirate yer turnin inta. Huzzah to you. Thars 11 cavities ye won't be gettin.

BTW, how long does each one take?

Hi Red Cat Jenny :P

Nah there not fer anyone......, theres some things I keep just fer me !!! *Wicked-Wicked-Grin* O.K. Lets see I gotta back to Mexico on Feb 25 thru March 3 ...., to get the last 3...,. yup 3 more.,How long does it take? well......, The Doc did 3 in 3 hours that included taking a mold of the teeth before and after she prepped them for the crowns on a monday tuesday., and a wednesday. Thursday The lab created them and I was back in the Docs office friday for fittling and setting. 3 were incorrect.,the lab tech came in ., looked..., and said come back tomorrow to me and the dentist.,come back at 8 am Saturday morning., He worked all night., come saturday morning there he was at 8 am waiting for the door to open !!! ....,

I gotta go back at the end of this month to get a root canal., this is the last of it..., since I am going all that way., and the flight and hotel......, I may as well do 3 more....., Do ya need another photo after March 3rd?

I am sure I will be Grinning :lol: at that time...., and yes I am having fun with them !!! I cant wait to retire., I think theyll look good touching off a cannon from the scuba boat in a tropical sun !!!

*Happy smile* Hi Harbormaster! *wave*

..and please say hi to the missus as well. She must be one cool lady!

Wow Mexico? Looked at yer info an see you live in old style Washington when yer not in the Phillipines. Beautiful country!

How did ye wind up in Mexico? Then again thar was always gold there.. You have one dedicated dentist! He does nice work!

So 3 more? sure a pic! One close an 1 far so we kin see yer *Wicked-Wicked-Grin* in garb o course..

I'd put one on the left leavin a space an 1 on th bottom right mebbe also leavin a space..

As the sun sets all orange, fillin the sky with fire.. Red Cat leans over from a rock on th cove an whispers to th Habormasters...oi might ye name a cannon after me? :lol:

The Missus is awesome., lets me do all the fun things I want to as long as I am true., Life is good ;) Actually she needs two molars., 1 on each side in the lower back and I talked her into gold as well *Grinning*.

We work in Washington., build in the Philippines., and my father is in Yuma for the winter...., Los Algodones is like the Dental capital of the world., its 8 miles from Yuma !

Of 10 larger cannons and one mortar., at the resort..., I could easily see one of the six on board being "Red Cat Jennie" Its a good name to be sure.,one that could easily entertain a gun on the Scuba vessel. :P I may be stealing Pub member names for a few actually..., MerryDeath would be another. I gotta name 2 on the Wall 2 in the bar and 6 onboard. Theres plenty of time for that yet.

I kin die happy now...sigh...

Nuthin would honor me more sir! ;)

To ye an th missus an all yer adventures :P

• 4 weeks later...

Wondering How Harbormaster and wife have fared in Sunny Mexico

:ph34r: Hi Red Cat Jenny :ph34r:

Yup DONE !!! I will get a pic in the next day or 2..., but really I am done now at 14 of 24 being Gold., I dont call her my Dentist anymore Dra. Cecilia Arroyo D.D.R. is my Jeweler :) ., The looks very as you can imagine., but its fun ! :ph34r:

:ph34r: As always... one of my Heroes Harbormaster...Aye, one of my heroes..

- woagh!!

This looks pretty bad ., a self photo in a dark office at 11:30 p.m. hmmm., here they are !

HMTeeth2.jpg:huh:

I probably wont be into a kit (Garb ) for a while.

Woagh! Harbormaster! shiny! Good Gods man...yer blinding!

Awesome....

How about a good "dirty smile..so much Gold...all of it really wrong.." from further back garb or no?

Woagh!

Hows the project goin?

:huh:Future cannon...Red Cat Jenny :huh: