Lanyards

Desert Pyrate

Ahoy mates.

As some of you who've been around for a while have no doubt noticed, I don't post here very often. I've started identifying more as a sailor, rather than just a pirate. It's where I've spent most of my time, and it's where my knowledge is. That being said... I've a question for all of you.

One of the more common ways for a sailor (and yes, this includes pirates) to spend time was to do rope/knotwork. This was rarely just for practice - there was plenty of that during work hours. Instead, it'd be some personal effect. One of the more common items that I've seen made are sennit lanyards made out of tarred twine (don't worry, the tar doesn't get all over the place). They're of any length you like, are *very* strong, and you can use them for anything you want - keychains comes to mind for the non-sailor, but the sailor use is to attach them to all your rig stuff (knife, fid, etc.) so that they're attached to your sheath/belt. And, they're neat looking!

To make a long story short... is anyone interested in adding to their sailor/pirate impression by acquiring some gen-u-wine lanyards to their collection? They're not common outside the tallship trade, and you'd be helping out a student/sailor (might be the World's Poorest Combination). How much would you be willing to pay for such a product? PMs or responses to the thread are welcome. Thanks!

I don't think this is what you wanted posted.....

but making lanyards is a lot of fun..... kinda fun to give away and let others see your handycraft.........

But ter be keepin' th' secret .... well secret..... if someone else want ter be makin' them..... they can just look it up, and larn it like we did........ ;)

Well this pirate would be interested in them. I been prickin' me fingers with pins and needles from sewing so's I can't do any ropework. Actually, I couldn't do it even if I wasn't bleeding to death. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.