Group Justaucorps Project Kick Off

FANTASTIC!!! What more can one say? :lol::lol::lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Micheal - A Superb Job, indeed!

Looking at the buttons - are those wool covered wood buttons?

I would love to see a closer look at 'em!

Thank you both (Cheeky and Sterling) for the compliments. :lol:

To answer your question Cheeky, those are wool fabric buttons. No cores. The fabric is so heavy and thick, there was no way for me to cover a wooden core and keep the buttons as small as I need them to be with that many button holes. I packed the buttons fairly firmly, so they hold really well.

I'll try and take a close up photo later today or tomorrow, but the camera batery died, which is why I could only get the one photo of the coat. I was really aiming for a slighter angle on the photo. :lol:

Michael_banner.jpg

Thank you Chole! I hope that after doing thaqt many buttonholes I would be at least alf decent at it.

Since I got the battery of the camera charged up today, I was able to get the other photo off of the camera. This picture I feel gives a better impression of the coat over all.

Justacorp2.jpg

Michael_banner.jpg

You really know how to give a guy coat envy.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Tis the hair that does it!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

:D

And they wonder why we women swoon over ye gents when dressed like that. :lol:

Why did this fashion go out of style?

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thank you Chole! I hope that after doing that many buttonholes I would be at least half decent at it.

Michael, if you need more practice I've got 148 more to do by the end of the month. I'm always more than happy to share :lol:

Do post these pictures at the other board. I know the gentlemen over there would be very pleased to see such a fine early period coat :lol:

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Michael, if you need more practice I've got 148 more to do by the end of the month. I'm always more than happy to share :lol:

Do post these pictures at the other board. I know the gentlemen over there would be very pleased to see such a fine early period coat ;)

What the heck are you making that involves 148 buttonholes? :lol:

Or are you making sailor's jackets for a dozen people? As much as I would love to help you, I don't foresee a trip to the cheeseland area any time in my near future. :lol:

Michael_banner.jpg

What the heck are you making that involves 148 buttonholes? :D

:D Thankfully they are not all on the same project. That, I think, would make me truly "crazy".

22 down for the day, still plenty to share with anyone who wants to practice their button holes ;)

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog