What does your avatar mean?

Caraccioli

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: Oh, geez, Michael, I just noticed the little box of oatmeal you added to your avatar pic. I really need new glasses! LOL

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Damn, I thought this one was the brain-like villian from the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles....

You know, you'd probably really appreciate Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. It's very reminiscent of the better EC comics from the 50s. I'll bring you down the first one if you promise to take good care of it. (The stupid things have gotten pretty expensive on eBay.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Damn, I thought this one was the brain-like villian from the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles....

You know, you'd probably really appreciate Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. It's very reminiscent of the better EC comics from the 50s. I'll bring you down the first one if you promise to take good care of it. (The stupid things have gotten pretty expensive on eBay.)

Oh trust me, I was (and hung out with) a number of comic geeks as a teenager... Okay even into my twenties... Fine I still am... :huh:

I know how to handle and read comics without doing anything to jeopardize their value, intrinsic or sentimental... And thank you, I would love to read those. A friend of mine strongly reccomended them years ago, but it was just another of those things that slipped my mind.

Oh, geez, Michael, I just noticed the little box of oatmeal you added to your avatar pic. I really need new glasses! LOL

That was there from the very moment I put the new avatar up! But notice that my superhero counterpart is rich enough to use the name brand stuff unlike the no-name crud I use in real life... :huh:

Michael_banner.jpg

:huh: I guess my glasses are worse than I thought.

I use the good stuff, but it's the instant, 'cause I'm too lazy to cook the old type. Ya gotta love the microwave! :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

But notice that my superhero counterpart is rich enough to use the name brand stuff unlike the no-name crud I use in real life... :huh:

You need something more TOY-ETIC. (What oatmeal would Fanboy eat?)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm now back to an updated version of my original horse skull. Basically meaning, "Your worst nightmare just came true." :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Well, I did have the PowerPuff Gals dashing off in full force, but then my work computer now has dumped some of my files (cleaning and back up) and now...I can't find em.

Perhaps the "Angery Eyed" PowerPuff Gals will have to do...if I can find that shot too?!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Perhaps the "Angery Eyed" PowerPuff Gals will have to do...if I can find that shot too?!

Google Image Search is your friend.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Why, thank you Mission. Though, I did find it in my computer....I was able to find a better 'Pissed Off PowerPuffs' in higher rez.

3382483727_2aedd7280d.jpg

I always wanted to be buttercup for Halloween. Two other gals want to do it one halloween when I was working for an Interior Design firm...for some strange reason it never happen. I think somewhere down the road we did Giligan's Island instead.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Unfortunately, there are some people like Mission who change their avatars daily.....

Then there are the polite Pyrates who leave their avatars alone.... one look, and you know who you are responding to.... the non skitzo ones..... :huh:

Is it just me, or does anyone else get use to an avatar.... you feel comfortable typing to them.... then one day... WANGO....outta the blue... they change it..... woh... why? what kinda statement are they trying to make.... or did they just drink too much rum last night?....(as if anyone could ever drink too much rum)

I guess people like Missiom don't care 'bout that sorta thing...................... :huh:

I still have that hat in me avatar picture.... but I ain't worn it in about 4 years....

But I leave me old picture up thar as a honist public service kinda thing......

Unlike avatar switchin' people like Mission....... :huh:

Is it just me, or does anyone else get use to an avatar.... you feel comfortable typing to them.... then one day... WANGO....outta the blue... they change it..... woh... why? what kinda statement are they trying to make.... or did they just drink too much rum last night?....(as if anyone could ever drink too much rum)

Eye changed mine avatar because I wanted to show thar are other sides to me..That said..I don't change it like shuffling a deck of cards...That would be ' Sibble 'of me..100 personalities...

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Oderless.... yers threw me off.... it looks like yer punchin' th' kid....(I know that isn't what you are doing).... :huh:

Changing avatars sometimes ain't the problem....

But when you look at who posted, something.... you get kinda get use-to their avatars ... if they change too often, you wonder... "who am I typin' at..."

Like i said/typed.... mine ain't changed in a long tyme.... pyrates look at it an know I be th' one wot be typin'....

Yeah sure... we can figure it all out ..... but sometymes my eyes get lazy, an' I kind appriceate the same logo/avatar....

Messing around with avatars is fun. Besides, change is good. (It's also inevitable, so why not be a participant in the process?) I nearly always pick avatars that represent me in some way.

Although I must confess, one of the reasons I created a signature banner was so that people who have met me at events know who I am. Before I attended PiP in '07, I thought banners were a waste of bandwidth. However, they allow you to explain much about your character in a way that the avatars don't. (Especially back when we were restricted to 64 x 64 avatars. Teeeeeny.) You'll note I hardly ever change my banner. I change the quotes all the time, but not the banner. (And, for the record, I am starting month 4 of an (at least) 6 month diet of avoiding alcohol. So you can't even blame the rum. :wacko: )

"We are game-playing, fun-having creatures, we are the otters of the universe." -Richard Bach

Mission_banner5.JPG

My avatar is a muppet. Read into that what you will.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Like ye like to be controlled with someone's hand up yer.... ??? :wacko::wacko:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

(And, for the record, I am starting month 4 of an (at least) 6 month diet of avoiding alcohol. So you can't even blame the rum. :wacko: )

Ooh! Someone's gonna be an easy mark at PIP!

"We are game-playing, fun-having creatures, we are the otters of the universe." -Richard Bach

No, otters are the otters of the universe.

A Correction

Cats walk on little cat feet

and fogs walk on little fog feet,

Carl.

-Richard Brautigan

No, otters are the otters of the universe.

A Correction

Cats walk on little cat feet

and fogs walk on little fog feet,

Carl.

-Richard Brautigan

While technically true, it's a metaphor. (You'd think from this that I would like poetry, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong.)

And everyone is an easy mark when Stynky is, er, 'buying.'

Mission_banner5.JPG

Unfortunately, there are some people like Mission who change their avatars daily.....

Then there are the polite Pyrates who leave their avatars alone.... one look, and you know who you are responding to.... the non skitzo ones..... :wacko:

I guess people like Missiom don't care 'bout that sorta thing...................... :wacko:

I still have that hat in me avatar picture.... but I ain't worn it in about 4 years....

But I leave me old picture up thar as a honist public service kinda thing......

Unlike avatar switchin' people like Mission....... :D

In almost four years, I have only changed my avatar once. The one I have now is just a modified version of my original horse skull, but it had FR on it for False Ransom. I no longer use the False in my name, so changed the avatar to a picture I took of a skull and cross bones that was above the door leading from the cemetery back into the church, at Santa Barbara. I finally got around to redrawing the horse skull, so have put that one back.

I kinda like people who use the same one for long periods of time. You can tell at a glance who is posting without needing to actually read the name. Besides, when someone has an avatar/sig that you think is really kewl, you're always bummed when they change it to something else (I still wish Patrick would bring back his skull thumbing his nose at people. It was one of my favorites).

So, I'll be sticking with my horse skull for a long while. I just added the R because that's always how I sign my PMs to people, so it is recognizable as something unique to me.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

It be just me...plottin' how I can break into that castle behind me, make off wi' at least two of the resident princesses, ravish them to me heart's content (or whatever other organ might be involved in the proceedings), liberate whatever gold and silver and whatnot might be just layin' around, and buy me a Caribbean Island someplace.

Altho, on reflection, I *could* use a turtle, to honor Fred the Turtle Avatar...whole long story behind that, going back to me university days (bein' an eddicated pyrate), thanks to one Joseph Czup and the Sacramental Cookie, and the Ritual.

Damn, thats sharp!

Altho, on reflection, I *could* use a turtle, to honor Fred the Turtle Avatar...whole long story behind that, going back to me university days (bein' an eddicated pyrate), thanks to one Joseph Czup and the Sacramental Cookie, and the Ritual.

Do tell! (Learning interesting stories about the people who post is one of the neat things about this thread.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Just remember...that guy there wi' the fleams and scarificators asked for it...so don't get me in trouble...

Back in the distant fog of time (late 1970's, early 1980's), I attended Kent State Univ (yes, *that* Kent...not the one in England). The gang I hung out with (isn't hanging out an act of public indecency?), hung out in the Student Center cafeteria, at the Bygge Round Table, just under a "picture" of a large blue fish...hence, I dubbed that precise location the "Blue Fish Tavern".

At that time, the cafeteria was serving "Springwater Chocolate Chip Cookies", which were as big as small dinner plates. One of us would get one, break it up, and divide it among the rest.

Well, JC started to play around with the process of dividing the cookie, and came up with a little ritual, as below:

First, the Cookie was unwrapped and held aloft.

While aloft, these words would be spoken:

"This is the Cookie of Fred (the Turtle Avatar)

Who taketh away the virginity of Young Women.

Blessed are we who are called to his Vocation.

Fred have mercy,

Fred have mercy

Fred...

Grant us a Piece."

And with those final words, the Sacramental Cookie of Fred would be broken and distributed among us.

And there was much rejoicing.

Ye think maybe JC was Catholic?

Do tell! (Learning interesting stories about the people who post is one of the neat things about this thread.)

Damn, thats sharp!