Disney's Cars

blackjohn

Ok, someone here must be as crazy for Cars toys as my kids are... and as I would be if I didn't have other things to spend money one. So fess up. C'mon. Tell me about how you scored two Chick Hicks at the Walmart, then sold one on ebay for $25.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Ok, someone here must be as crazy for Cars toys as my kids are... and as I would be if I didn't have other things to spend money one.  So fess up.  C'mon.  Tell me about how you scored two Chick Hicks at the Walmart, then sold one on ebay for $25.

Chick hicks? Is this from that movie Cars? Or is it like a Hotwheels thing?

(Edit: Oops. I didn't look closely at the title - it's clearly a movie toy thing.)

Say, who's your new avatar?

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Yep.  Cars.  Much better than PotC2... and the toys are better too!

:)

I'll answer your avatar question if you can locate an avatar thread for me to answer in...

;)

Huh. Perhaps I should see it then. Duchess appears to have wandered off somewhere, so no one is currently feeding me movie recommendations. (Except Netflix - they're quite hit and miss - they don't quite seem to get me yet.)

The avatar thread appears to be no more. Gone with the great Beyond Pyracy forum cleanup it seems. ;)

"Am I not?"

Ok, I won't say it is a great film, but it is a fun film. And having my kids there made it all the more fun. You and I, we've seen the story told in countless forms. My kids, it might be the first time they've been exposed to the tale.

See it. Lower you expectations. Enjoy it for the technical genius. The film is brilliant from a computer graphics pov.

I'm really enjoying collecting the toys. Each car in the film has a car toy, and some of them are incredibly hard to find.

And the best part... I give them to my kids and allow them to bash the living daylights out of them!!! I could keep them Minty and never let the kids touch them, but where's the fun in that?

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

And the best part... I give them to my kids and allow them to bash the living daylights out of them!!! I could keep them Minty and never let the kids touch them, but where's the fun in that?

My brother-in-law wanted to keep the Thomas trains mint, but my sister put a stop to that. (She made him watch Toy Story 2 16 times in a row.)

I still pick up some of the Star Wars stuff on occasion. The figures are so much better than they used to be!

"Am I not?"

Oh no, I haven't wandered off. I've just regressed to lurking. And I haven't had any splendid movies come to mind, so none to reccomend. Anyway I thought my reccomendations were rather hit or miss as well.

My personal toy collecting story:

A few years back the Macfarlane line of Metal Gear Soild action figures came out. The hardest to find was Vulcan Raven, short packed to the tune of one for every several cases. One fine day I unexpectedly won fifty dollars, so I sprung for the gas and we drove to the city to wait in line at the toy store while they opened the cases. First in line was me and right at the top of the case was Vulcan Raven. I snapped it up paid the cash and in front of all the rabid collectors ripped open the box. I think I nearly went deaf from the volume of groaning from the line, "Do you know what you've just done?!?!???" I then wandered around the store making noises and pretending to blow things up with the mini gun Vulcan carries. It was great fun, and certainly the highlight of my action figure collecting.

Probably more hit than miss. A friend told me that some seasons of Red Dwarf are better than others, so I've been considering trying a different season of it. Something about an episode with a mail ship in it. I suppose it's a perception thing - I place more value on your recommendations than Netflix. (Although their recommendation tab has shrunk to less than 20 movies for me, so I think they may be non-plussed as well.

The C-3PO sitting in the Ewok throne chair is the best C-3PO I've seen yet. It has jointed knees. I primarily collect protocol droids these days...

"Am I not?"