The well dressed skelton for Halloween

Rumba Rue

I got the idea from a vendor at Ojai who had made clothes for skeletons.

I figured, 'hey I'm a costumer, I can do it too! Well I made sailor clothes for my Kermit, how hard could this be?'

Trust me, I won't be doing it again. B)

You really can't see the colors, but the vest is burgandy velvet out of a scrap that I had. I put some material from the hunting outfit I made on it too.

Used a cut up bed sheet from a thrift store to make the shirt, though I did have to actually buy some buttons for that as I didn't have anything appropriate. Haven't made a hat yet, not sure I will or what with.

Whatthewelldressedskeletoniswearing.jpg

Backside.jpg

Is that the deer in headlights look on the manican? B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Rumba.... just a suggestion.... but get some white glue (add just a bit of water) and some paper towels.... soak the towels in the glueand water mix.... add them to the skeliton.... easy... just goop it on... then spray paint the mess...so it looks like rotted flesh..... then dress it again.....a hand full of bar-b-que ash tossed over the whole thing... wolla.... a prop to die for.... :lol:

Sorry Patrick, after all the dang work I put into making those clothes, I'm not going to make it look real undead.

I do prefer the proper look that Caraccioli said.

I may go to the local Indian store and see if I can pick up a scrap of leather and make a right proper hat. :)

Otherwise, I'll just cut up some felt I have.

My guys always look their best when I'm done with them. :lol::lol::huh::o

Rumba.... just a suggestion.... but get some white glue (add just a bit of water) and some paper towels.... soak the towels in the glueand water mix.... add them to the skeliton.... easy... just goop it on... then spray paint the mess...so it looks like rotted flesh..... then dress it again.....a hand full of bar-b-que ash tossed over the whole thing... wolla.... a prop to die for.... :rolleyes:

Or you could use rubber skins and stain...

Thomas.jpg

Great pirate togs Rumba - much better dressed than ours!

RHJMap.jpg

Wow, I thought it was just me.

Ooh, ooh, here's one of mine from the haunted house:

Drunken_Pirate_Latex_Front_fin_small.JPG

...and a gratuitous pic of the monkey!

undead_potc_haunt_monkey_small.jpg

(I love the monkey. When I get him back, if he's in one piece, I'm going to put a grey wash on him like Patrick suggested. I think it'll even out some of the inconsistencies.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Such talented pirates. Wish I could sew but I have no patience for sewing but I love to hot glue!

Oh, Rumbarue, your pirate is dressed in its Sunday best. I hope you do get the outfit protected. I think it's too nice to use outside.

The monkey is awesome too. I'd love to have the undead monkey for my Halloween decorations.

Patrick, thanks for the paper towel recipie. I use newspaper for my pinata's and I'll try the paper towel look.

I have never seen rubber skin and probably afraid to find out how that's made.

I only have a cardboard Jack, covered with green webbing for the Kraken snot, and he's kinda under the weather. It's been raining for 40 days and 40 nights and his dreads are saturated that Jack is doubled over...

and the Kraken needs its tentacles adjusted. I think we are scheduled for snow the rest of the week so all my work will be covered by Halloween night.

dmchalloween.jpg

Picture012h.jpg

Picture024.jpg

kttcsignature.jpg

I found a red satin doll hat yesterday at Michael's. Perfect! I cut the silly roses off of it, glued red and black feathers onto it, added a decor button, and bingo! :lol:

I'm going to put Dead Fred (as I've decided to call him) into my basket for my scooter this weekend at the Escondido faire.

Yup I'm a twisted funny gal, and I love it! :lol:

I'll be sure and take pictures for all of you to see! :lol:

Patrick, thanks for the paper towel recipie. I use newspaper for my pinata's and I'll try the paper towel look.

The paper towel and glue is a cheap easy way to do it.... latex is much better.... but it cost a LOT more.... so for a simple prop.... paper towels work..... They will crack, if you bend them.... but just add another touch of paint to fix that....

The paper towel and glue is a cheap easy way to do it.... latex is much better.... but it cost a LOT more....

Boy, does it. I bought a gallon of liquid latex 7 or 8 years ago and it was $45 then... plus it stinks to high heaven. (And when you combine it with rabbit fur. Yuck. The monkey prop smells like he's actually decomposing.)

Still, latex gives you that rubbery feeling. It freaks people out. :lol:

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

plus it stinks to high heaven.

Well yah..... but it does go away when the latex is dry.....

I bought 32 oz. for 13.95 about two years ago at TAP plastics.... they sell it as mould builder.....

It's kinda late.... but maybe this afternoon I can take a picture showing a skull that I fixed up a few years ago with the paper towels and glue trick...

Well Dead Fred riding around on my basket at the Escondido Faire over the weekend was a great hit. I got hold of one of the Trick or Treat bags that were being given to the kids (some of the vendors put out candy for the kids) and went Trick or Treating around holding up the bag I attached to Fred's right hand. Got a loadful of candy! :ph34r:

I took some pictures, but since the faire still goes to this coming weekend, I'm not going to download pics until I have more to share.

Oh, and Oderlesseye's wife gave him the Black Spot, and Stranglehold marooned him at the kid's playground with nothing but a wooden spoon and a few tiny bits of rope to hope someone would rescue him. They also threw in his wife for giving him the spot! Yup I got pictures of that too! :ph34r:

I got the idea from a vendor at Ojai who had made clothes for skeletons.

I figured, 'hey I'm a costumer, I can do it too! Well I made sailor clothes for my Kermit, how hard could this be?'

Trust me, I won't be doing it again. :blink:

You really can't see the colors, but the vest is burgandy velvet out of a scrap that I had. I put some material from the hunting outfit I made on it too.

Used a cut up bed sheet from a thrift store to make the shirt, though I did have to actually buy some buttons for that as I didn't have anything appropriate. Haven't made a hat yet, not sure I will or what with.

Whatthewelldressedskeletoniswearing.jpg

Backside.jpg

That be one handsome set o' bones!

• 2 months later...

Rhumba,

I take my hat off to you deary! Those are fine threads there for yer skeletal chappy! As an artisan/crafter as well I have to hand it to you for the idea (even though borrowed)!

My g/f loves skeletons and such...perhaps this year I will pick up a Mr. Bones errrr Captn Bones Sparrow and make her a truly wonderful Halloween surprise gift.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg