Comput'r Games

Culliford

I'm a gamer, and have been playing Sea Dogs and then PotC with the pirate gaming community mods applied (pirate as in Pyrate, not those that steal software). I'm eagerly awaiting Pirates of the Burning Seas which is an MMO based on the GAOP. I've played World of Pirates, a German MMO that is rather simple (much like the old Sid Meirs game) but sometimes fun (PvP is ALWAYS on!).

Anyone else here fancy the occasional forray into the waters on ye computers?

B)

A few mate, a few :)

I'm a fan of the new Sid Meier's Pirates, as well as Seadogs and PotC. Also did some time with Puzzle Pirates, and am looking mighty forward to Pirates of the Burning Seas. Have not tried World of Pirates - heard of it, but never got around to it. Grew up with the old Sid Meier's, as well as Monkey Island (Amiga, all the way!)

The last week or so I've been test driving the new Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales. All I can say is that the developers releasing a game in this untested/unfinished condition borders on the criminal. Heck, even if it wasn't for the bugs (many of them crash inducing), they clearly cut off several features and plot lines because they didn't finish them, leaving a very pretty, but very hollow shell of a game. It's a pity, because it could easily have set the new standard for the genre, had they actually finished the thing before putting it on the shelf.

Modders to the rescue, I suppose.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

That's sad... so I guess it's back to modded PotC.

I played Sid Meier's Pirates! tonight for a few hours... gosh that game is fun! I finally got married to an attractive girl even though there was a beautiful one in love with me too... but her father was too darned Creepy (and French)!

:P

Since I'm an English privateer in the game, I couldn't very well marry a French woman!

• 2 years later...