2nd Annual National Walk the Plank Championships

hurricane

Ahoy all!

The Second Annual Walk the Plank Championships is a go for Pirates in Paradise. Those brave souls who want to risk it all will have the chance to step out to their watery grave from the Schooner WOLF. The event will be held in front of Pier House so their will be plenty of libations to fuel your courage and a place to dry off afterwards.

Here's the judging criteria:

1. Costume: How appropriate is the costume to plankwalking. While period attire is appreciated, contestants are encouraged to use their imagination to come up with an ensemble that impresses the judges and perhaps persuades them to be lenient in their scoring in this area.

2. Style: Points are awarded for how well the individual conducts themselves on their way to theirseeming “watery grave.” Criteria covers plank approach, bravado, arrogance, guile, bribery, form on the plank and poise before the plunge.

3. Plea: Extra points for a marked amount of theater here. Groveling, cries for mercy, pleas of innocence, invocations, curses – all are eligible for Plea Points.

4. Splash: Finally, the judges want to hear a resounding splash upon entering the water. Sissy splashes are discouraged as are dives warranting an Olympic Medal. Maximum points for belly flops.

We will have a signup sheet on http://www.piratesinparadise.com soon!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com