Pirates of Infamy!

Tall Paul

OK, So this set does not exist, (Yet) But what about a set of Wizkids Pirates Constructible Strategy Game based on the ships of real pirates from the pages of history.

I was discussing the Bottom of the barrel scraping going on at Wizzkids with their latest Pirates CSG offerings, at the shop where I buy my cards, and they suggested a "Pirates of Infamy" Set.

This is one for the purists, and would contain Pirates and pirate hunters from history, and the ships in which they sailed.

The Flavour text would be a brief description of the history of the character or vessel.

As a game it would be no less valid than the existing sets, but it would have an additional educational edge.

And who wouldn't get a buzz from pitching Edward Teach (Blackbeard) aboard the Adventure against Lieutenant Maynard ? (By the way, anyone know the names of the sloops commanded by Maynard? I thought that they were the Ranger and the Jane, But the Wikkipedia has them listed as HMS Pearl & HMS Lyme.) Or from teaming up "Calico Jack" Rackham with Anne Bonny and Mary Reid?

It would be relatively easy to unearth the names of Spanish Treasure Galleons from the time, and The Names of vessels used by some of the more notorious Pirates are recorded by Capt., Johnson.

Perhaps we should make up our own list of Crew And Ships and petition Wizkids. I am sure that they would be up for the idea if they Didn’t have to do all that tedious research.

What ships and crew would you suggest for this new set? Remember, not just Pirates, but also vessels and men involved in conflicts with Pirates.

I would recommend drawing from a wider age of sail than the GAoP, say 1600 to 1850.

That's a wonderful idea, Paul! I would buy such a set with no qualms at all!

There are many I would like to see, but for starters, how about Black Sam Bellamy and the Whydah? Or Blackbeard, (my favorite pirate of all), whom you've already mentioned, aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge...

The possibilities for such an edition of the game could be endless! :) :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Finding Pirates, and pirate ships is the easy part, The problem comes because in order to get a balanced game you also need ships from Britain, Spain, and the other nationalites used in this game. For example, Commodore Sir William James (1720 – 16 December 1783) who, in 1755, whilst in command of the Protetor, attacked and destroyed the Pirate fortress on Severndroog Island.

BHC2801_200.jpg

antipir.jpg

OK, So this set does not exist, (Yet) But what about a set of Wizkids Pirates Constructible Strategy Game based on the ships of real pirates from the pages of history.

I was discussing the Bottom of the barrel scraping going on at Wizzkids with their latest Pirates CSG offerings, at the shop where I buy my cards, and they suggested a "Pirates of Infamy" Set.

This is one for the purists, and would contain Pirates and pirate hunters from history, and the ships in which they sailed.

The Flavour text would be a brief description of the history of the character or vessel.

As a game it would be no less valid than the existing sets, but it would have an additional educational edge.

And who wouldn't get a buzz from pitching Edward Teach (Blackbeard) aboard the Adventure against Lieutenant Maynard ? (By the way, anyone know the names of the sloops commanded by Maynard? I thought that they were the Ranger and the Jane, But the Wikkipedia has them listed as HMS Pearl & HMS Lyme.) Or from teaming up "Calico Jack" Rackham with Anne Bonny and Mary Reid?

It would be relatively easy to unearth the names of Spanish Treasure Galleons from the time, and The Names of vessels used by some of the more notorious Pirates are recorded by Capt., Johnson.

Perhaps we should make up our own list of Crew And Ships and petition Wizkids. I am sure that they would be up for the idea if they Didn’t have to do all that tedious research.

What ships and crew would you suggest for this new set? Remember, not just Pirates, but also vessels and men involved in conflicts with Pirates.

I would recommend drawing from a wider age of sail than the GAoP, say 1600 to 1850.

Excellent time span. Would cover everything and allow for unique what if situations.

• 2 months later...