Jack the Monkey

Caraccioli

So, I decided to do a POTC-inspired haunt for the Jaycee's Haunted House this year. (I've been doing at least one room a year for the last 15 years.) I don't have photos of the whole room on the web yet, but the centerpiece was a prop of Jack the Monkey.

The whole thing was inspired by a conversation I had with Iron Bess asking her about getting Disney to make a life-sized, undead Jack the Monkey prop. Then it occurred to me..."You know how to do this. Make your own freakin' monkey!" So I did. You can see him here.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Dang.... that came out cool.....

ain't latex and toilet paper fun..... :P

I pre-mix latex paint with the latex, so it will fill in all the parts, and then do washes and drybrush over the finished project.... unfortunately the only thing I have right now is the Orc head from last year.......

That putrefying primate is a work of art! Well done, Caraccioli!

I've always found the name "Jack the Monkey" a tad lewd, though. [And perhaps that's what Disney intended...].

I tend to parse the first word as a verb, analogous to the expressions "spank the monkey", and "shock the monkey".

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

So, I decided to do a POTC-inspired haunt for the Jaycee's Haunted House this year. (I've been doing at least one room a year for the last 15 years.) I don't have photos of the whole room on the web yet, but the centerpiece was a prop of Jack the Monkey.

The whole thing was inspired by a conversation I had with Iron Bess asking her about getting Disney to make a life-sized, undead Jack the Monkey prop. Then it occurred to me..."You know how to do this. Make your own freakin' monkey!" So I did. You can see him here.

I love it! Thanks for sharing your photo of Jack.

B)

Fantastic work, and great detail!

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp