In search of pirate trivia

roytheodd

Ahoy!

I’m working up a list of pirate trivia (skewing heavily towards pop culture) and I’m running out of ideas. I thought I’d turn to the professional pirate people to see if any of you have anything to offer me.

The deal is I want to have the questions be used as entry for a raffle or some other contest in a couple of months and so I’m trying to keep them relatively easy, hence the skewing towards pop culture rather than history. Though I am very open to historical questions as long as they're not too hard core, such as “Who was the captain that defeated Blackbeard?”

I thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

The following is a list of the questions I currently have:

What is the name of the former pirate and former Governor of Jamaica that now has a brand of rum named after him?

According to the novel Peter Pan, who is the only pirate that Long John Silver ever feared?

The four year marooning of Scottish pirate Alexander Selkirk and his eventual rescue inspired what Daniel Defoe novel?

What is the name of the English-controlled Caribbean port that suffered a mighty earthquake in 1692, sinking two-thirds of the pirate den?

What is the name of the turtle-shaped island in the Caribbean that was the original home of the buccaneers?

What is the term that in modern times is synonymous with “pirate” but was originally coined to denote noisy and boastful swordsmen who carried small shields in their off-hands?

What is the name of Blackbeard’s flagship that he purposely beached at Topsail Inslet, so he could sail off with all his crews’ loot in Adventure?

In the 2003 film Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, Elizabeth invokes which “right” that according to the “Code of the Brethren” allows her to talk Captain Barbossa?

In the 1985 film The Goonies, what is the name of the pirate whose treasure the Goonies are seeking?

What is the name of the traditional flag of European and American pirates, traditionally depicted as a skull over crossed bones on a black field?

Is it 15, 16, or 18 “men on a dead man’s chest”?

Grog is composed of rum and what other liquid?

In the 1987 film The Princess Bride, the Dread Pirate Roberts admits he changed his name because no one would surrender to which other Dread Pirate?

What is the name of the “Calico” captain that sailed with Mary Read and Anne Bonney?

What is the name of the pirate captain who drank his rum mixed with gunpowder, wore burning hemp in his beard, and swam around his vessel after being beheaded?

What is the name of the punishment that had sailors hauled under one side of a vessel, pass under its keel, and then emerge on the other side of the vessel?

What is the name of the 2007 film shot simultaneously with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest to save on budget costs?

What is the name of the annual holiday that was thought up by two men cursing each other in pirate talk while playing racquetball?

What object on a pirate ship was counted to denote the level of firepower the vessel had?

What is the name of the manga and anime series that follows Captain Monkey D. Luffy and his crew in their quest for Gol D. Roger’s treasure?

Propose As Fun 2 1 Were On Ship Do You Find A Spur Lash??? Ans Go To The Ankor & Watch It Hit The Water.

that's it scrounger, gives away our trade secrets, thats one of our best wind ups!!!!

i'm on the side of angels........but the devil is my best friend