San Jose Holiday Parade - December 7th 2003

TalesOfTheSevenSeas

It's official! I just got our acceptance letter and we're scheduled for the San Jose Holiday Parade, rated one of the top 25 best parades in America! Woooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

This will be the 'debut sail' of the Land Shark, our parade float. I'd love to have a good-sized turnout of pirates to sail her down the streets with us.

So any of you who would like to come out for this, please email me at talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com You're always welcome to stay with Saber and I if you don't mind a sleeping bag on the living room floor and we also have a parade participant's discount for anyone that would like to stay overnight in the San Jose Hilton Towers. The SJ Hilton is a top-notch hotel, elaborate marble lobby, excellent amenities and restaurants- creme de la creme- overlooking Christmas in the Park in park below. $79 for single or double occupancy. Reservations before Nov 6th get a coupon for a free full breakfast in their restaurant too.

I hope you'll join us for this event. We'll have television coverage as we wish the crowds 'appy 'oliday ye scalliwags!!! and then enjoy Christmas in the park, a large animated display, covering the entire park following the parade. Hmmmmm.... maybe we'll stop in and visit Santa too... that could be interesting! What will we say when he asks if we've been good?!! ARRRRR!!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Ya say, ARRR matie, we have been very good, took every ship that cross our path. Ner plunder left, all ta booty in our holds...Best pirates in the 7 seas....holding yer cutlass against ta Jolly mans shoulder....now where's ya bag mate......ARRR tat's what ya say....

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

• 1 month later...

I especially likes yr powder monkey. :)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

<_< Yeah that close up photo came out blurry, so you were spared this time Lucky Penny!

I thought I'd share a couple of highlights of the day.

When we passed in front of each radio station's booth, they were broadcasting live. One lady radio DJ was describing the Land Shark and said "...they've decorated a pirate shit... eh...ship! I stopped right in front of her, put my hands on my hips and in my best wench voice said "A PIRATE WHAT?!!!" The DJ lost it completely and just burst out laughing on the air!

Another incident was when "Michael the Eagle", an enormous patriotic eagle baloon couldn't fit under the highway overpass. Michael's parade contingent was stuck, wondering what to do, as they had inflated him on the wrong side of the road! About 10 parade contingents had to pass them by, as they tried to squeeze him this way and that. Finally, they laid him head down and tried to pull him underneath. He was so large, that he filled the entire space between the road and the overpass, so that there was this enormous eagle butt sticking out from under highway 87!! He got stuck in that embarassing position for a while, until they turned him around and successfully pulled him through, legs first!

After the parade, we went to lunch at a rib/steak restaurant. Privateer Pete was chuckling over a brochure he'd found for "The Mystery Spot" which is a local tourist trap. I grinned, and in my wench voice said "I've got me own mystery spot love!!" B)

I'm told we got excellent camera coverage this time and that they spent a lot of time on our group, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the video. Charlie and Jeff were swordfighting, we had wenches waving to the crowds from the ship, we had a wench manning the cannons making them smoke with the fog machine, Neko was cracking his whip at the back of the contingent and pirates waving the jolly roger from all over. I was on "rabble rousing duty". I had my cutlass drawn and would go up to sections of the crowd and holler "Let's here a nice big ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!" The crowds were very responsive and enthusiastically joined in! I think everyone's got pirate fever after POTC!!

Special thanks go out to:

Privateer Pete, Lucky Penny and Saber who helped me set up the float in the dark and pouring rain the night before the parade.

Sasha bought the set up crew dinner.

Neko saved me when I couldn't operate my son's stereo system and came up with a great idea- using a marine battery next time instead of a generator to operate the fog, music and lights.

Laurie, a wench joining us for the first time, offered to get us fog liquid at a cost through her work.

Over all, it was a great time and I'm looking forward to the next parade.

Here is a link which will take you to the video clip from the telecast of our pirates in the San Jose Holiday Parade! It is a BIG file and will take considerable time to upload if you have a dial-up connection. Enjoy mates!!

PIRATES ON PARADE!