New Hornblower Movies

Longarm

Ahoy Thar,

T'is true that Hornblower be a British Navy Officer and not a good and true Brethern of the Coast, tho he would be a fine edition to any crew that sails. In december of this year not one but two brand new Hornblower movies from A&E will be coming to your local A&E station. I don't have the web address handy but if you punch in Hornblower into any search engine you should easily get to the official web site. In it you'll find trailers and other useful information on what I think are very well made and exiting tales of a most renownd sailor. B)

Next thar be a new book by Morgan Llywelyn simply titled "GRANIA". This be the tell of the real life Grace O Malley. I've just plundered my copy yesterday and have as yet read it but, if it be anything like the other of Llywelyns books it will be a fine tail to be sure. :)

Bernard Cornwell also has two new books in his Richard Sharpe series out. He may not be a pirate either but, he's as close as you can get to one without leaving the shore. And for my money he can swashbuckle with the best of them. B) Me own book peddler was fresh out of these new tails but you can bet by hell and high water I'll have them in me hands soon. B)

Last but not least thar be another Pirate movie on the horizon. It be named "The Night of the Maelstrom". She be an independant picture that was filmed on the Lady Washinton and may not get much publicity or theater time. Type in Maelstrom into your search engine to find their website.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

Bernard Cornwell also has two new books in his Richard Sharpe series out. He may not be a pirate either but, he's as close as you can get to one without leaving the shore. And for my money he can swashbuckle with the best of them.

Any idea of the titles on these two? Which part, India or the Peninsular?

I picked one up in England in June, an extension on the Peninsular campaign with Harper and the old gang. Frequently they come out in England 4-6 months before publication in the US, so I may already have one.

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I've got a couple of the DVDs and the CD also. John Tams is the singer, well known in northern English folk circles. Great stuff, just wish there was more of it.

Hawkyns

B)

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well being one who posts regularly on the A & E site for Hornblower; I aquired the two new shows that will be airing in Dec., earlier in the summer, via the 'Underground Tape' movement. LOL! Anyone want to see them prior to airing on TV, I can have video viewing session at my place if there are interested parties.

I can tell you that "Loyalty" and "Duty" are very good.

Since I just bought a DVD player, I plan on getting those two on DVD as soon as I can.

BTW- The two shows aired in England back in January!

Rumba Rue

**Never judge a ship by its gun, but by the skill of the crews - Horatio Hornblower** :ph34r:

You can get the hornblower series on amazon and also at www.schoonerman.com

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Well December 2nd and 3rd be the dates for Hornblower. And as much as I'ld like to watch them with you RumbaRue am afraid we're on opposite coast, you are on the west are you not? Anyway it looks like a good year for anything nautical or swashbuckling, What with movies like POTC, M&C, Hornblower also in Dec. The Return of the King will be out. I say things are looking up movie wise, bookwise as well.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

:huh: Hawkyns-

If you enjoy the Sharpe's series of books/videos,

you'll also enjoy the "India" trilogy that Cornwell wrote,

I've only read one out of this series, but enjoyed it as well

as the rest of the books. The India trilogy takes place in the 1790s

and has the Sgt you love to hate Obediah Hakeswell, the books

are Sharpe's Tiger, Fortress & Triumph. I also noted there were

several other books he's written about Sharpe's post Waterloo

career, they are Sharpe's Devil, Prey, Trafalger, Havoc and

a book of two "Sharpe" short stories titles "Sharpe's Christmas".

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Redhand

:ph34r: