Age of Sail II: Privateer's Bounty

Zath Chauvert

I recently stumbled across a nautical video game on the bargain shelf at Target. It's called (as you could probably guess from the topic title) Age of Sail II: Privateer's Bounty. It is supposed to be a ship to ship combat game. And while it is set after the GAoP, it still looks petty nifty. The only problem with it is that I can't get it to work! :blink: Every time that I try to play, it goes through the whole intro, lets me pick which battle I want to play, and then lets me go through setting up the options. However, as soon as I click the button to start the battle, it switches to a screen that says "loading" and never does anything again. No matter how long I wait, it never loads anything. It doesn't even give any sort of an error message. It just stops responding, and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of it.

Has anyone else tried this game, and if so, have you had any similar problems with it? If you can get it to work, is it enough fun that I should keep attempting to get it to work? Or should I just consider it a waste of $10 and move on with my life?

I bought it and played it once....not exacly full of of fun and excitement....sort of like playing the battle scene in Port royal....only Port Royal is a little more fun. Thought it could be better if you ask me....Maybe you will have a different opinon. try this go to the Icon on your screen and right click on it . then go to the properties tab. Open it up and go the compatiblity tab. then click on the the little box where it says " run this program in the compatility for" and change it to XP or whatever system your running. that should work then :)

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg