A New Target on the Horizon

the Royaliste

I been workin in the place I'm not allowed to wear me pirate clothes, 18 hour days at that. Tonight's the first night I be having off where I could post a fer a few hours in a week.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

The Lady may be big and slow, but she's more maneuverable than ye'd think. I've done some amazing shit on her. And, were I on her, I'd be bettin' that we'd be th' first t' shoot a bit o' iron up yer rudder. I've sailed her on and off the dock, backwards and sideways. I will give the Royalist one thing though, she's faster over land. I stand by my Lady...

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

we blew hell outta her then

That's because I wasn't there...

She may be late again, from what I've heard. She got away from Aberdeen a few days late due to 25 ft seas at the bar, and 40 kts of wind from the south. Not exactly the type of sea you'd put out in to go to California, unless you really need to.

Coastie B)

The eastern C.G. told me to make peace locally as they have the power of exemption, and have prior history locally with the Wander Bird from our harbor, among others..I've filled out all forms, am upgrading my head, etc., and as soon as the cash flow improves, I'll start the wheels turning. Already researched the certified attraction vessel req's, as Sail San Francisco wishes to do some large promotions, but, will wait till spring on that one...Legitimizing my pyracy, Arrrgh!....

And the recent pirate craze, and the probable furthering of that with Master and Commander coming out, will hopefully help your exploits. I wish you luck with that, especially as I may need a job one day, or at least a berth an' some food.

Coastie :ph34r:

At takin' th' Lady, o' course! She's got a new bottom, new paint job, and a crack crew. No chance that a Canadian vessel rotting in a Californian port could take her. Nope, not at all.

Coastie :huh: