Inexpensive Black Boots

Capt Grey

Avast me hearties! I be findin' a treasure at me nearest Wal-Mart. Black boots fer $15.

Now, they ain't accurate or even leather but if ye be a pirate on a budget or jest lookin' fer somethin' fer All Hallow's Eve then ye be in luck:

black_boots1.jpgblack_boots2.jpg

These be women's boots but the they be lookin' right smart on ye menfolk as well. I be a hard fit and they be havin' wide widths and full calves with an elastic gusset fer extra room. They be fittin' me like a dream - considerin' me last pair o'black boots be custom-made.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Good job, Capt. Grey! And, those boots are smarter than you think. Not only do they look rather piratey, but you didn't have to spend an arm and a leg for "real" pirate boots.

Anyway, if you WANTED to add some more stuff, you could cut down skinny belts and strap them around the ankles, just to make a decoration there. Sometimes, you can find boot straps at some cowboy stores that are pretty inexpensive. But, I think those boots look fine.

I think you did a wonderful job, and you gave me a great idea. If I can't find some boots to fit my honey for under $60 (tight budget), I might just try the "leatherette" type boots for him. Of course, he'll have to have a women's size 14 to come close to fitting his size 12.

The elastic gusset would work well, too. Especially since my honey has such muscular thighs and calves from all of his years of riding two-wheelers (bicycle--not motorcycle)!

Thanks for the Walmart heads-up! I have to go shopping now.

:ph34r:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Oh! Almost forgot...

I found a pair of top grain leather English riding boots at a store (a long time ago) that only cost around $20 (going out of business sale?). They're still holding up just fine, and I intend to wear them for Halloween and the Pirates in Paradise Festival in Key West!

Let's hear it for those of us on a budget! Yee-haa! Ooops! I mean...arrgh!

Q: Why do most pirates in movies have peg-legs?

A: Because buying the other boot would be too damned expensive! Hah!

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

If'n ye be intent on them not bein' mistaken for non-piratical boots, just affix a big brass buckle on th' front. It may serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever, but noone'll make fun o' ye...if they do, they won't live t' tell th' tale.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

That be as funny as it is correct, lassie! :ph34r: And I be right happy ter help me fellow pirates on a budget.

If'n ye be intent on them not bein' mistaken for non-piratical boots, just affix a big brass buckle on th' front. It may serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever, but noone'll make fun o' ye...if they do, they won't live t' tell th' tale.

Aye, that be a grand idea mate! I may be doin' that.

hook_banner2.jpg

Thanks Donna, uh er I mean Capt. Grey. I do need some boots and those certianly fit the bill. Unfortunatly my cash flow has become a bit nill until after the first of November. Arrrggghhhh, but in any case I'll still try and see if there's any left in my size ( I wear a wide width- 9) when I get there.

RumbaRue

**To infintiy and beyond!** :ph34r:

I tend to agree with that one. The hard part is trying to find two actors who have the same sized feet.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

RumbaRue, I also be havin' a wide foot which is why these boots are great; they come in wide widths plus the extra room in the calf area fer us landlubber cowgirls (former occupation: all good cowgirls have big calves). :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

If'n you have nominal monies to spend... Museum Replicas has a hefty pair for $175.00 which is not too bad for a good pair that will last. These be wide, bucket type boots that DO NOT extend up as the *bucket* is fixed in place.

Another idea for a dash of splash to your boots, instead of a buckle, use the wider, more decorative part of a belly-dancing belt just across the top. Or simply fasten it around your ankle. Always worked fer me!!

Happy feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I not be thinkin I be a cowgirl but me calves are pretty large. You be sure only cowgirls have big calves?

Wimminfolk is supposed ter be small, dainty things. Thats why the merchants be makin' things so small. They not be thinkin' that a lass can have beefy calves like the men do.

When I once went skiing I couldn't rent ski boots because none of them would fit my ankle/calve area. I had to buy a pair of men's boots just to try skiiing for one day (I returned them after the trip; 3 stitches in me eyebrow after takin' a tumble and hittin' me head with the ski pole; I'll stick ter the sea, thankee). :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

A far less expensive way to get shoe wear is to purchase a pair of sandals (particularly if you're heading to PiP in KW), or a pair of simple black flats or slip ons (for pirates) - then attach buckles to them - I've had a pair of buckled shoes for the last 20 years or so that were purchased from a thrift store and then I added some antique buckles purchased from a local store. Works well! Not many pirates actually wore boots - so if budget be a problem, then this is a good option.

Also you can get a good pair on a Buy It Now on ebay right now for $59.95 -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2862966684

My wench has a pair of these and they're terrific. Can be worn up, cuffed or scrunched down below the knee. They go for far more when bidding actually begins... Keep an eagle eye out --

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Aye, Hurricane. Those boots are nifty. I have a pair meself. They're mighty comfortable, and can stand up to the forty miles I walked in gravel at the TN RenFest. They ended up to be a little bit big, but I'd rather have 'em big and wear two pairs of socks than have 'em too small and hurt me tootsies! I usually wear a size 9, but I got a 10, since I didn't know how wide they were. (They're plenty wide!)

Oh, and the prices are much higher for the men's sizes: size 11+ (or a women's size 13+).

Just be warned. A men's size 12 went for about $80, when the starting bid is $49! Also, you might be able to BUY IT NOW for way cheaper than auction prices on Ebay.

Comfy feet are happy feet,

Capt. WE Roberts