Of Romance and Reality

JohnnyTarr

I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed my time on this site. NEVER before have I met a better group of people, on the whole, than those that are here. I have been able to be silly and serious without anyone jumping down on me. Now of romance and reality of pirates, I have seen some of you in Port Washington and though I did not get to meet you I got to see how you acted. The romance is what will bring most of the new commers to this game. Then once in they can choose which to follow the romance or the reality. There are those of you out there that are VERY good at the accuracy and I am glad to know you. I myself plan to TRY to be accurate but I know that if I am not you will not jump me for not being accurate. Those of you who are in the romance side I know will not fault me for tring to be accurate. I just love this group. <_< Well that is all I have for now just thought you all would like to hear this from a new member to your site.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

<_<

Cheers to that Mr. Tarr. Tis quite the group we 'av here. I'm constantly pleased to see so many other pyrates in the midwest. Proof we won't let lack o' water slow us down.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

...I know that if I am not you will not jump me for not being accurate. Those of you who are in the romance side I know will not fault me for tring to be accurate.

Unfortunatly the internet dosen't alow us to "talk" so typing is the next best thing...... but sometimes it don't work........

I think "Romantic" is a much nicer term than Hollywood.....

I think "Romantic" is a much nicer term than Hollywood.....

But the Romantic Period technically doesn't start until 1810 and...

:lol:;);););)

Sorry, Pat, I just had to. ;)

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Goode gods...

Stand and Deliver..... your money or your life....

See, Johnny ain't th' first lad in eyeliner tha' th' womens swoon over....

:lol:;);)

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Eyeliner AND bucket boots! :huh::huh::huh:

<-- Give me a tall beautiful Englishman in eyeliner and historically accurate bucket boots, and I'm a goner! B) -->

And that cute little braid on his forehead with the light blue bow... :blink:

:o:unsure: um... oh. Err... Sorry guys... :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

adam-ant.jpg

Think Kass might explode?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Why thankee kindly....

In yer... bunk, eh? Hmmm....

She gonna 'splode fer sure....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:ph34r: My god does that bring back memories!!

(And I would kill for the vest.) Very likened to the dolman worn by French Hussards in Napoleon's day.

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Just for Kass....Bon Appetit, Madame. :DA buffet of Temptation

or perhaps this?

"Stand and Deliver"

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:D OMG, I still have my Adam Ant cassett! When I bought it, back when he was popular, all my friends thought I was crazy, but I loved him! I'd watch MTV just to see his videos.

Whatever happened to him?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

De rien, Madame. :lol:

I wonder if my good captain will allow a pair of chaps and facepaint amongst the crewe?? :lol:

Was that my outside voice again?? Bad Rats! Bad Rats! :(

I mean.... AAARGH!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!