A Pyrate War in Sausalito?

Our previously quit Bully MacGraw awakens from a drunken stooper and proclaims:

"Not that I be the arrogant type ye know, but let it be known that all ships that shall pass me harbour MUST lower thar flags in respect to me!

Now I have me guns primed and ready! I will not fire a warning!!

So listen here Royaliste, Tales and Saber!! When ye pass, lower your flag AND I demand a Capt's share of all your plunder if'ns you think ye can get past me guns!"

Will our Mr. MacGraw regret such a challange? Will the Roylaste lower

her banner as she passes Mr. MacGraw's harbour?

Stay tuned to this Pyrate channel! I am certain photos will follow!

Hope to see people this week-end in Sausalito!

Bully MacGraw

:rolleyes:<_<<_<:blink::huh::lol::lol::o

Those destined to hang, shall not fear drowning

Our dear Mr. MacGraw has always thought the best defense is a strong offense. He spits out:

"Aye my good sir! Wear yer best tomorow for when ye pass me guns, all that ye have on yer back will all that ye have in this world!"

As the Pyrate finishes loading charges 'e closes the magazine, 'e pours a cold shot 'o rum, and replies.." Aye, McGraw!..An' whilst ye sight down ye'ere muzzle, ye best be keepin' a weather eye out for me press gang sneakin' up ye'ere backside, as they ain't sharin' the same feelin' ye be expressin', so best be prepared ta be signin' the articles!"......(shoves a brace 'o locks in 'is breeches) takes a long draw from the chalice, mutters something in a strange tongue, and plants the ominous lookin' cutlass in his belt...............

The Tallship Royaliste glides easily into Her slip at Pelican's End...After making fast the docklines, the band 'o Pirates begin unloading, passing down various stacks 'o cutlasses, a sackful 'o 'locks, and the remaining assorted boarding tools.............Stepping ashore, the Pyrate brushes off gunpowder residue from whats left 'o his clothes........Ahoy, and Avast,ye!....Since the Fireboat Fund was the real winner, not many claims 'll be made concerning the outcome 'o the Pyrate War....The Ship's still afloat, an' Bully's still alive, we've made an accord, and after the pressgang, 'e's signed the articles!....Thanks to Bully, and everyone involved, ye were great!....Donations to..Sausalito Fireboat Fund, 333 Johnson St. Sausalito, Ca. 94965, attn. Officer Bob DeLong....And, on the horizon, be keepin' a weather eye open for a Northern California Pirate Fest in the spring....We'll be keepin' ye posted, and the 'Quill surely will be postin' some photos (includin' Bully an' the Pressgang!).....Stay tuned, ye 'aven't heard the last of it!!.... :ph34r:

Here be the photos o' the event!!

Click here for photos

I shall leave it to yer own deeeeeterminationz to decide who be th' victor in this little engagement. Either way, we of the Royaliste are most pleased to have had Cracked Carrie join us for her first event with us and for Bully to have turned pirate!!!!

A hearty welcome aboard to ye' both!!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Blooody Flippin' 'eck, Quill! Job well done, Quartermaster!....Keep 'em comin', and indeed, Carrie and Bully, 'Permission to board'....Stow that gear in the focs'le, and grab a cutlass!...RR!.........

Ah, many thanks, Cap'n, an' looking forward to the next adventure!

B)B)B)

No need to wish you were here, put aside some vacation time, grab the significant other and/or kids if it pleases you and c'mon out to join us for an event! That's the beauty of all that loaner gear I have, I can make anyone an instant pirate.

I also wanted to relate a couple of humorous incidents that happened to Saber and I this weekend- since Cracked Carrie and Royaliste, don't want to embarass either of us, I figured I'll do it!! :lol:

First off, we were horribly late. As we're rushing about like pirates with our heads cut off loading gear on the Royaliste, Saber has my belt with my most loved pirate treasures on it and they are one by one falling off the other end...

*plunk!*

*plunk!*

*plunk!*

Into the water!!! Rather than taking a step backwards, so that they plunk onto the dock, he yells "Hurry! Grab something!" I go hurling forward on my half-attached heel of my wench boots. When that crooked heel hit the wet deck....

*BOOM!!!!*

Down I went on my arse with a crash!!!! BUTT this was not the END of our misfortunes, AS we REARly had another one ahead of us! When we got to the dock, Saber, was going to jump off to secure the line to the dock- until he saw that it was a floating dock. When a big guy likes him jumps onto a floating dock, up comes the other END.

Thinking that he'd by pASS that embarASSment, he sat down in the gunport and was going to step off BUTT....

We now know that Saber's backside and the Royaliste's gunport are an exact match, and a tight fit! Yup.... he got stuck! (ever see that episode of Winnie the Pooh? That was our Saber!)

Well, Royaliste just shook his head and said "Oh Bob...." and we had a heck of a laugh about it later at the end of the weekend looking back. So please feel free to join us in a good laugh at our expense!! We're laughing about it too!!! :lol:

I also wanted to relate a couple of humorous incidents that happened to Saber and I this weekend- since Cracked Carrie and Royaliste, don't want to embarass either of us, I figured I'll do it!! :lol:

Ah, ye see, Quill...it's just that I figured if I told stories on ye, my lamentable clumsiness with a cutlass would be exposed to one and all on the forum and I'd feel really stupid and...

...oh. Er. I s'pose I'm discussing this ON the forum, come to think on't.

Forget I said that, folks. No trouble with blades at all. Nope. I'm extremely coordinated. I meant to leave my guard open, that's all. Yeah. No problem.

Now, where did my arm get to...?

:lol:

Carrie did well! They had people standing by watching them and as Charlie told her, swordfighting is great, because it makes you look cool and sexy all at once! Ya' looked great out there lass!! Far better than I looked fallin' on be bum!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Every time I handed out a wet, soggy business card and explained that they had gone overboard, everyone got a real kick out of it and said it was great- made them all the more piratey than they already were!! Go figure, eh?!! :lol:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Every time I handed out a wet, soggy business card and explained that they had gone overboard, everyone got a real kick out of it and said it was great- made them all the more piratey than they already were!! Go figure, eh?!! :lol:

And a dangerous trend it is, too. Now she'll have to toss her valuables into the water before every event just to get the properly weathered look! Ah, the slippery slope of verisimillitude...

No need to wish you were here, put aside some vacation time, grab the significant other and/or kids if it pleases you and c'mon out to join us for an event! That's the beauty of all that loaner gear I have, I can make anyone an instant pirate.

I still wish I were there, wish I could put aside some vacation time, and wish I had a significant other to drag along t' join ye folk. I've got most o' me own gear already, but about 4000 miles t' traverse, and no flexible vacation time. Damn them Revenue Cutter types...

Maybe 'round Christmas/New Years I can make it down there, though no promises and I'd need a ride from the nearest airport.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Aye, Coastie! Ye be always welcome!..I do a New Years Party, generally Adult, depending on weather if we sail or not...Plenty of bunk space( six singles, three doubles, between both vessels)...alawys ready for trans from the airport, but, 'Ta-da!' Now, our rapid transit, B.A.R.T., goes to downtown from the airport, and the ferry goes from there to the Pyrate Ship!...Waaay cool, no problem, should time ever permit.....Gary......... :ph34r:

I wish to thank the crew of the Royaliste for helping with the fund raiser. We had about 500 people show up. We raised a lot of cash for the Fire Boat Fund and we have five offers for the boats that were for sale.

Once again thanks!

Bully MacGraw

P.S. Some items came up missing:

The long boat

Three 50 gallon barrows of port

One hogshead of rum

My Grand Father's watch

My matching set of pistols

three goats

and my mistress.

If these items should show up, please do return them to me.

Aye!...And Thanks again, Bully!...Always 'appy to help, and we'll be speakin' 'o promotin' the next event!.....We'll be keepin' a weather eye open for ye'ere 'lost' articles!!!...'Hey! you back there!..Stop screamin', and Aye'll give ye yer clothes back!'.......Found the Mistress!!........RR.......

Aye!...And Thanks again, Bully!...Always 'appy to help, and we'll be speakin' 'o promotin' the next event!.....We'll be keepin' a weather eye open for ye'ere 'lost' articles!!!...'Hey! you back there!..Stop screamin', and Aye'll give ye yer clothes back!'.......Found the Mistress!!........RR.......

Nay, Cap'n, the mistress is still missin'...that screamin' ye heard was from the goat! (And I'm not tellin' what circumstances I found it in, no indeed. Some things can't be said, even on a Pyrate forum!)

:lol:

*looks about from side to side*

Um.... goat? What goat?

:huh:

In addition to loosing a few items, Bully gave one away- (no not that, least-wise not that I heard of) But he gave us a wonderful gift- a piratical version of the wooden Russian dolls that fit one inside the other. Five little pirates. :lol: I'll have them at Ojai next year, but until then, they be residin' on me dresser!