Port Royal Character Bio's

Ransom

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Hamish MacCraig, 35, Scottish nobleman. Red hair and beard. Six feet tall, about 220lbs. Very muscular. Born in Aberdeen, Scotland. Dan Reid murdered his brother. Hamish is a wealthy gentleman who owns his own ship. 120ft sloop of war carrying 16 guns, known as the "Mist Reiver" Has no love of any nation but Scotland, but absolutely hates the Spanish most of all. Limps into Port Royal with the "Reiver" damaged almost beyond repair after being attacked by a Spanish Corsair. He has to weather the storm in port because his damaged ship will not survive the storm at sea. He is searching for Reid to bring him to justice for his brother's murder.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Name ; Crimson Blade (Selene Trelawney)

Bio : Confident and somewhat cocky, Crimson Blade has got where she is today, not because of her looks, but because she's a damn good pirate! Oh indeed, her looks work to her advantage, for few seem to believe that such a pretty young thing could have such a viscious swordarm. Or tongue for that matter.

She's one of the youngest pirate Captains around, and both she and her crew aboard the Wave Dancer are greatly admired. She runs a tight ship and doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Tenacious and stubborn, Crimson Blade left her previous identity of Selene Trelawney back in England when she left her homeland with her parents, heading for the colonies. So much had happened between then and now. Sometimes, she'll reveal snippets of information regarding her road to piracy, but for the most part, she remains an enigma.

Many have heard of her name, yet few know that she's a woman until they actually meet her. Some foolishly believe that her gender and age make her somewhat vulnerable. Men who have actually said this to her face have hobbled away with serious damage to their testicles.

She is fiercely protective of both her ship and her crew, and woe betide anyone who threatens harm to either!

Name: Lilith Sheol, but her crew calls her, “Commander Lilith”

Birthplace: Unknown

Physical Description: Tall and slender; standing 5’8”. Her skin is tanned by the many days in the southern sea’s sun. Strong and fit and considered an equal to any man in the midst of battle. Sharp instincts and clever wit have managed her quite well ever since she took control of the Tartarus these past seven years. Her thick hair is the color of dark auburn and eyes are the darkest shade of brown. Some would even compare them to be as black as pitch. She bares a birthmark on her forehead.

Disposition: Aloof and suspicious by nature, she trusts no man. She is cunning, deceptive, devious, inventive, and resourceful when it comes to getting what she wants. She has crippled many a ship and devoured men for treasure, fortune and fame.

Background: Known to her crew as “The woman that merchandises the Souls of Men”, she has made a name for herself in the human slave trade. The men that she captures in her many plunderings who refuse to join her crew either find themselves dead or on their way to slave auctions of Africa.

It has been said that she is “The great whore that sitteth upon many waters...” Yet, she still looks for that one ship which eluded her several years back off the coast of Africa and now she has sailed all the way to the other side of the earth to find it. Beware those who fall into her path….

Lilith - Commander of The Tartarus

"God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them into pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgement."

**bump**

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

LADY VIOLET CUNNINGHAM

Wife of Lord Sir Albert Cunningham

Mistress of a huge country estate, a fine London townhouse, and the sugar plantation, Trade Winds, on Jamaica. Her husband owns two merchant brigs - The Sweet Temptation, and the Sweet Violet.

Description: 5' 2", and of a pleasingly robust figure. Her eyes are gray, and her hair, under the wig, is also gray. She is completely without guile and always speaks her mind - some people think to the point of rudeness. She likes parties, jewelry, and fine clothes, all which she has been accustomed to since birth. She has an iron constitution and can not abide sloth or wimpy behavior. Has never had a fit of the vapors in her life, and detests being bored. She and her husband have one of those rare arranged marriages that developed into an abiding love - although to outsiders this might be difficult to believe at times, as they both enjoy "passionate" discussions on any topic at any given time.

She and her husband visit Port Royal every three or four years, to make sure Trade Winds is being run smoothly and to a profit.

LADYVIOLET2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

bump

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I was born in Scotland fifty-eight years ago, nae that it's any of your business. The study of nature, chemicals, and humans are mae interests, and mae interest is sae great, that I was asked nae so politely tae leave mae post as professor at Oxford University, mainly due tae a slight miscalculation involving volatile elements. I don't know why they made such a fuss, as no one was killed.

Sae, I came tae Jamiaca where I could further mae studies without having some stuffy old Don hanging over mae shoulder like a bloody vulture, making sure I didn't ruffle anyone's feathers.

I live in a sturdy — and private — town house, with a queenly ginger cat named Cleopatra, and a young Jamaican servant boy named Souris.

If yea come calling, nae mind the smell of sulpher.

HerbalBookPage.jpg

PR is the perfect place for you Prof... you can study all the loonies, like the dumb blond who can't stay out of trouble and his cocky brother-in-law who can't get a break!! :(

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Aye, I'm well aquainted with the Devereaux clan, as I favor their bookstore. And, I regret tae admit, I hae spent time in the company of a red-headed she-devil pirate. I'm hoping the storm washed her and her villianous crew tae another port, but I fear I've nae seen the last of her.

But I nae think you and I hae had the pleasure of meeting. I believe yea still be recovering from a bit of injury, sae that may accound for it.

HerbalBookPage.jpg

PR is the perfect place for you Prof... you can study all the loonies, like the dumb blond who can't stay out of trouble and his cocky brother-in-law who can't get a break!! :lol:

Or figure out where he parked his "corvette".....LOL

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• 2 weeks later...

Nimrod Pinon…

6’2” tall but looks taller because he is thin. Thin but quick, agile and surprisingly strong. He has long dark hair that is all his own and sallow skin. His eyes are ice blue and piercing. He keeps to himself and is an extremely professional "businessman." He born and raised in London, he has made his way to Port Royal to do a little business.

• 2 weeks later...

thawck?

Crewe of the Archangel

Bess' story, much as her life, is relatively short.

She was whelped as Pa'draigin Elizabeth O'Malley sometime in the middle of the 1600's.

It never occurred to her to care exactly when that might have been.

She grew up in a happy household off the windswept coast of Ireland and then Scotland's Orkney Isles when her clan relocated for better fishing and more fertile lands. She was the only daughter among eight sons. Eight strong, handsome, protective and troublesome brothers.

She was a happy child indeed. :huh:

She loved them, each and every one and they loved her in return. She was never an annoyance and what they knew they taught to her. What they knew best was a love of roaming the coast and the sea and the small islands within reach. More then one was to take to Privateering and more then one would hang for their misadventures. Bess was rightly proud of each brother to her own dying day.

And what these scallywags also knew was the use of a sword. To respect your weapons and to know you are never its total master. Bess, from an early age took to the handling of swords with a skill that was alarming and that convinced her family that the gift had come back with her from a previous life. With her level of ability, it was most likely from several lives. And too great a gift it was her father feared for often he was heard to mutter under his breath... *Aye, They will be after hang'n that girl!* In the silence of his thoughts however, he was proud that she took no nonsense from anyone and was growing into an honest, kind and caring woman. She became their *Iron Bess*. She was a peacemaker and a warmonger in the family and everyone knew that to cross swords with her meant, although she might lose the battle that they would carry the bruises of her exuberance for weeks to come.

As she grew into her adulthood she was tall, tall enough to be intimidating to many of the local men that she'd known from childhood. While she had always been known to be adventurous and non conforming, for this waif to become an appealing and fine figure of a woman was something they had not expected.

Not at all.

With heavy, wavy dark hair and large brown-green eyes, she was fancied by many of the men for the sheer adventure of her size and her unpredictability. Her complexion was pale, soft and creamy ivory and it was still common enough for a blush to rise easily from the base of her throat to color her gently oval face. She saw her world through enormous eyes which communicated openly with sincere tenderness or fire of temper from within, allowing her to dissolve even the most blustery pirates hardened heart or set them to running with only so much as a tell-tale smile. Her mouth would smile and pout and confound the men that knew her. Bess was well equipped for any chosen profession be it wife or wayfarer. Strong, muscled, formed and smooth, full round breasts and amply cushioned hips. Aye... she would be a comfortable and sturdy vessel for a night’s sail into carnal seas. For those that did not die in trying... if they were uninvited.

Bess' story is like the tides of the sea she loves... high times of adventure and love and low moments of grief and boredom.

Her life was short... but OH! the adventures!!

:huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Welcome to Port Royal, Iron Bess!  It is a pleasure, indeed!

Uummm... thank you lass but I'm member #232, joined back in 2003 and am a Moderator into the bargan as well...

I appreciate the welcome to the thread though. :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump....

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

My name be Nelly Greene. I be a whore of the higher class but find myself cast adrift in Port Royal after crossing the "Mother" of my house in London.

Age 23

Height 5'7"

Hair Blond, Eyes Hazel but reflect the colors I wear

Slender, well built and well taught

• 2 weeks later...

Thomas Neede

33 years old, 5'7", 212 pounds, balding, pudgy, wears small glasses on the end of his nose, honest, to a point.

Based in London, he is an accountant to the British East India Company. Well traveled, Thomas has spent the last 10 years of his life keeping the books for the B.E.I.C. He has lived out those last years in India, moving constantly between the cities and walled fortresses of Bombay and Calcutta. Working under the master merchant Andrew Befarge, Thomas was mainly in charge of the imports from the South China Sea, being mainly tea and silks. He since has created a small business of his own importing the goods from China and selling them to several merchants in the Colonies for a lesser price than they can ever get through the Company. Only when he was discovered cheating the Company, did he decide to take his small fortune and one final trip to the colonies. It was there he booked passage to Jamaica to start anew.

"Nothing more excellent nor more valuable than wine was ever granted mankind by God."

-Plato

SinnersNeedeNew.jpg