Every Pirate movie ever made

PirateKing

For a few weeks now I have been compiling a list of every Pirate themed movie ever made (silent era to present) and I've got a pretty good list going now. However, even at 300+ films, I'll be the first to confess that there are probaly quite a few that I'm still missing.

If anyone out there is interested in the project, take a look at the list and let me know if you see any that need to be added:

http://www.thepirateking.com/movies/index.htm

Thanks for the help!

Rob "The Pirate King" Ossian

http://www.ThePirateKing.com

Over 180 online biographies of Pirates, Privateers, Explorers, & Buccaneers, along with loads of historical information on Sailing, Shipwrecks & Nautical Archaeology

An internet list, be it complete as it may, amounts to nothing if the Ctrl- F command to find anything is suppressed with an anti- copy Java applet that takes the intelligence of a 9- year old to bypass. And particularly not with such a long list.

My 2 Pieces of Eight.

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

At the top of the "PIRATE POP" section, there is an Important Topic titled: Arrr!: All Pirate Movies; list of all pirate movies ever made

Much of your work has already been done. You might want to start by copying that list and then checking out the subsequent updates added to it. I have already done this, and have it saved as a Word Document on my computer, which I have then color coded as to whether I (1) have seen the movie or (2) own a copy of it.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

An internet list, be it complete as it may, amounts to nothing if the Ctrl- F command to find anything is suppressed with an anti- copy Java applet that takes the intelligence of a 9- year old to bypass. And particularly not with such a long list.

My 2 Pieces of Eight.

Huh ????? What dat mean, Cap'n.....

Thanks for the feedback !

I'm not sure what problems you were having Enigma, but I was able to search via ctrl-F with no problems. The only thing the anticopy scripting does is prevent highlighting. Unfortunately, this means that your search results are not highlighted when found. Give it another try and search for something less common, like 'polanski' or something and you'll see thata you are jumping around the page, or you can just scroll up and down the page (which is also in alphabetical order, lol).

I hate to have the anti-copy stuff at all, but unfortunately it is necessary to keep your content from duplicating itself all over the web. Last time I checked unique word strings on google, one of the bios I had written for my site had been copied and pasted verbatim on over 400 seperate web pages!

Guess that's why they call it "Copyright Piracy", eh? :lol:

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback!

The Pirate King

Over 180 online biographies of Pirates, Privateers, Explorers, & Buccaneers, along with loads of historical information on Sailing, Shipwrecks & Nautical Archaeology

I really think the web site looks great! I know there are a lot of sites on the net that have the same information, but this is by far one of the most professional I've seen. What I want to know is: What defines a pirate movie? Is it just any movie that happens to have a pirate in it? Personally, I don't think Princess Bride or Swiss Family Robinson are pirate movies...although they do feature pirates briefly. Just curious.

"I like nachos. Mermaid nachos."

The Seabeaver - Official Website

Facebook

MySpace

Twitter

banner2.gif

What compsies a "Pirate Movie"? Damn good question. I started with the obvious "any movie with a Pirate IN it", then expanded that definition to "any movie I damn well felt like including". :ph34r:

In all seriousness, the ones that aren't strictly Pirate movies like 1921's "Cold Steel" or "Master & Commander" just happened to embody the spirit of Pirate films, even if the director accidentally forgot to include them in the films. He was probably just busy with "stuff"...

By the way - The SeaBeaver Rocks! I've been a fan of your site for awhile now. Your ad for 'Pirate Air' is one of my faves.

Thanks for the feedback,

No Quarter Given's site as a pretty complete list as it is mates. No need buildin yerself a Galleon if ye can just steal (or reference) theirs.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

• 4 months later...

Copyright Piracy?

What bugs me is finding my stuff on someone else's page, and then they put copyright stuff on top of it....

sheesh!

But to be honest, I don't mind my stuff being used as long as they would put a link in to my site... but that must be too much trouble.

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

For a few weeks now I have been compiling a list of every Pirate themed movie ever made (silent era to present) and I've got a pretty good list going now.  However, even at 300+ films, I'll be the first to confess that there are probaly quite a few that I'm still missing. 

If anyone out there is interested in the project, take a look at the list and let me know if you see any that need to be added:

http://www.thepirateking.com/movies/index.htm

Thanks for the help!

WOW, You have a fantastic website! You really put together a complete pirate site and I already have found info that I was searching for. Thanks so much and good luck with your future pirate endeavors!

kttcsignature.jpg

• 3 weeks later...