Amusing toys from POTC

Rumba Rue

On Ventura Blvd, LA area, there is a Wiccan shop that now carries a couple of PotC large and one small type

a skull wearing sparrow bandana with beads and two cross swords. VERY NICE!! and they priced reasonably.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, it's the strange stuff like the fireplace kit that ends up being worth so much in 20 years - if anything will be worth much in 20 years. (It's a tough call when there's so much "collectible" stuff out there and people hoard these "collectibles" marketed as collectibles the way they do now.)

You would be surprised how much one of those cheap plastic costumes from Star Wars fetched during the height of interest (late 90's, early 00's) You know; the kind of thing you (if you're about my age) wore as a kid that were basically 36" high advertisements. Or the Star Wars bedsheets or the Toothbrush holders, etc. It's not an obscene amount, but it was sometimes worth a raised eyebrow if in mint condition. Of course, as I hinted, nobody was really thinking of this junk as being collectible when it was in stores, so they didn't treat it as such. Still, a POTC fireplace set...it's kinda' neat in a way. Odd, but neat.

What I find weird is the electronic POTC weapons. I understand the great need to make everything gee-whiz for the Modern Child of Short Attention Span...but electronic pirate kit? Odd, that.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg