Port Royal Pirate Festival

hurricane

I have just heard from the folks in Port Royal that the pirate festival is a go - it will be next May - they are waffling between the third and last weekend of the month. It depends when the heritage folks are available and working around some of the national festivals. So chart your course and save your doubloons for a voyage to the Wickedest City on Earth next May (2007). Will post more when I hear from our partners down there.

By the way, if you love cannon, the fort has three of Henry Morgan's from his ship, some 40 others, and there are many more that just pop up around. We found a very, very large one used as a curb near the fort. Too funny.

Events in the planning are ghost and historical tours, dinner at Fort Charles under candlelight, trips to Spanish Town to see the original documents relating to pirates and the trial site of Anne Bonny and Mary Read, a day at Lime Cay, a visit to the money museum (where a chest with 3,000 doubloons and pieces of eight is housed) and other things in the planning stages that will guarantee a great time for those adventurers willing to come along.

Again, more soon!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

This is an all hands event - everyone who wants to go is invited. We're working with the hotel management down there in the planning - the hotel is very nice and just about a block from the main part of town. In fact, it's built over High Street, the old main road into town.

I will definitely post more as soon as I know...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com