A question for vendors from '05

Island Cutter

Greetings All,

I am an artisan who handmakes various Pyrate Themed hanicrafts. I have long been considering the journey down to PIP and I am wondering what sort of crowd to expect... I don't expect to make a fortune, but covering the trip down from"Nieuw Amsterdam" would be nice.

Any insights from re-enactors or fellow vendors would be appreciated.

Captain Darrike

"Privateer" Black Seal

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

My wife sells pirate jewelry and accessories and did quite well in 2004. We were in Jamaica for 05, so I can't speak for that. But it was definitely worth the time and effort and we'll be there again with more goodies this year.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Thanks for the feed back Mate.

I know that it's hard sometimes to share information with unknown vendors... we all eat off of the same plate so to speak, but I think that my work is different enough to not be competative to other vendors based on the nature of the product.

I seem to remember that the event used to be centered around the Theives Alley at the Schooner Wharf. I was wondering if the tourist traffic was actually finding its way over and into Fort Zach.

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

No, the traffic hasn't been the same at the fort. It is about 1/3 of the old traffic and people have to pay to go to the festival. I still love the wharf area, but the festival is unwelcomed there. Ah, the wonders of politics in a small town.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 3 weeks later...