Me shoes from Fugawee!!!

Rateye

Thanks Kass!

I have always been advised the typical weakness in an impression is usually in the shoes. (Here I though my bucket boots and or red pumps would have worked) Just kidding :( .... or was I?? ;)

I personally went with the concords, because they were inexpensive, I needed them very soon, and the real deal would have cost more than my entire kit for starters. Did I mention they come in EEE sizes and I have the widest feet known to man..( you know what they say!)

Once the rest of my gear is purchased however, I will attempt to find a better shoe. But until then I will have to make do. :)

Unfortunately there is little choice until someone makes a correct shoe for less $$. :(

However I am making the attempt and since I have a pistol and possibly a musket in the works, I'll take my lashes for the short commings. :)

Here's to us all!

B)

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

HarborMaster, Yah... I know that the Fugawee Concord is not period correct.... crooked last (right and left foot) and they are machine sewn.... but they are better than my cut-down Civil war brogans..... and the closest that I could find, that were not custom made(and costing a lot more...)

For the price, they are ok....

Hand stitching would raise the price... but It would be cool if they offered an eailier version of the Concord with straight last, narrower latchets, and a squairer toe.....

<just thinking> but if there were enough people interested in an eailier shoe, wonder if they would start making them ? I think it all depends on how cost efficent setting up the straight last would be.....

My husband wears the Ligoniers. He has ridiculous feet too (we call them "flippers"!). If you cut down the latches to fit a smaller buckle, they're not bad.

A have another friend with smaller feet and he ordered the woman's shoe, "Barbara". This is actually a really period-appropriate style for men! Unfortunately, they don't make it in men's sizes (yet -- write to Fugawee and tell them you're interested and someday they might!). But for men who have smaller feet, it's terrific.

I'm always on the look-out for men's shoes because my husband has such hard-to-fit feet and we do too many reenactment periods to have everything custom-made.

I have the "Anna" model. They're fabulous and do well for about 200 years.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Thanks Kass and Patrick., I think I will take the Concord., I do like the uppers on them. I will look into the Barbara also., I wear an 8 1/2 they may work., I believe GoF ., or was it Foxe?., one was working on the Buckle....., now dont get me wrong everyone., I am not a convert :lol:

I am gonna get these ( I am looking forward to them) however., at night in our bar and stomping around the cannons on our beach head...., I may be seen in my boots too., cant help it., I think I am somewhere caught up in the middle.

Crew0072.jpg

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

oh now the Barbra you say Kass. I happen to be blessed with women's feet that will easily fit either style. Decisions, decisions.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog