Pirate Movie Dream Casting

Hester

...to turn this a wee bit around... actually is someone would be cast as my pirate persona... oddly enough.. my first choice would be Shania Twain.  Now, knowing her... she wouldn't go for it. So... my second choice would be Catherine Zeta-Jones since she's a very close 2nd.

With that in mind, I would find a role for Heidi Klum (as you can see here, she has been desreted on a desert island by her mutinous crew, with barely enough clothing to cover herself and without a merciful single-loaded pistol to end her suffering... poor, poor Heidi... in the next scene I, the Director, will make a cameo appearance and comfort the poor suffering girl...)

heidi_klum19.jpg

My dream cast (in fact, I think I dreamed this only last night!) would naturally include Estella Warren...

400px-Estella_Warren_Planeta_Simis.jpg

(That was just about the ONLY non-nude pic I could find of her on the Internet. There are WAY better ones, but the Humble Administrator would likely remove them faster than I could post them.)

Sorry... I got nothing to add. I was going to list more, but just thinking about how I would block scenes involving Heidi Klum and Estella Warren has got me suddenly un-interested in typing anymor...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I totally agree with Alan Rickman. He is the perfect bad guy as well as Jason Isaacs.

Gerard Butler as William Kidd.

Gerard Butler as anyone! He's a great actor and looks wonderful in any time period.

As for someone not mentioned yet, Paul Bettany. He is a brilliant actor who can go from quite frightening to wonderfully charming.

I start to wonder

with me pockets full of plunder,

is there more to life at sea

than piracy? NO!

:(

Only you, Pete!

Hmmm.. Gerard is a nice casting.

I wonder how Pierce Brosnan would look in a pirate film. Doesn't mean he is a pirate, I'm sure he'll look just as fine as some Officer.

Matthew McCoughenhy (? I KNOW I mispelt his name)... I think he'd make a VERY nice looking pirate.

Ladies.... I think we could go on and on on men who would look VERY sexy as pirates or in a pirate film.

Course... don't know... Jack Davenport REALLY looked... Yeouzzaaahh!! Hot! Mates, Davenport was fine as either a fancy, elite "ice cream" topped Commodore or the scruffy looking former shadow of a Commodore.

ahhh... must make one more add.. if ever any could play my persona I suppose... if not Shania, if not Catherine... then, I'd say try Jane Seymour (the Actress). Something wonderful about having your character played by someone who was Solitare with James Bond, a Princess in Battlestar Galactica, Marguarite in Scarlett Pimpernel, and Dr Quinn... amoung other roles.

Lady B being played by some fresh young hot thing? No... Couldn't work. Some older woman who is sexier than that fresh young hot thing? Yes, it will most definitely work. :)

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

What was I thinking? I would throw Natasha Henstridge on top of Heidi Klum and Estella Warren. No... I meant that: literally on top.

263119_rt.jpg

As you can see, she is here contemplating the best route to sail her ship to pick up Estella Warren, and then come to rescue Heidi Klum from the otherwise uninhabited desert island ... uninhabited other than I, of course, making my cameo appearance.

Excellent....

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Ah... a better non-nude picture...

Oh no! Estella Warren has been captured and thrown in a cage! Hurry, Natasha! Rescue her!

estellaapes.jpg

Okay... I'm stopping now. Sorry everyone...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

B)

No... Pete... that's an image of your latest victim in the brig of the Fool's Gold. ::crossing arms:: Ya better release her before MerryD finds out that you are locking women up in the brig again for fun.

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I must say, for me, it's definetly the classics. Errol Flynn!

aaf3.jpg

However, since he's dead, I've chosen George Clooney.

tn_clooney-07.jpg

C'mon, just imagne him with a pirate hat. :unsure:

BlackBess-1.jpg

"Life's good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate after all."

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, that shot's from Plunkett & Macleane. I found it in a Google search.

It's been awhile since I saw that movie also, so I can't remember how this scene fits into the plot.

That picture looks like it comes from the big rescue at the end.

While we're nominating actors from Plunkett & Macleane to play pirates, why don't we throw in Johnny Lee Miller, just for fun? And we could add Michael Gambon as the jolly ex-pirate who retired with a decent stash of loot before the law could catch up with him.

I'd also like to second the people who suggested Tim Roth and Paul Bettany.

I say Daniel Day Lewis:

GON72.jpg

Bill the Butcher even sounds like a proper pirate moniker.

I've long thought he'd own in a remake of Captain Blood. Not that Flynn was any slouch. I mean, CB is my favorite pirate film of... well, ever. But just, y'know, to "bring it to a new audience".

Also, Ian McShane:

Al_Swearengen.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but who can't see McShane as a brilliant Blackbeard?

And i think another Deadwood alum would make a more than decent pirate - Paula Malcomson:

deadwood-paula-malcomson18.jpg

Her portrayal on the show has more fire and brass than many of the her male counterparts. And the Age of Piracy, like the Old West, being, as it were, male-dominated, she represents the kind of spitfire that (IMHO) it would have taken to fit right in.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. -- Mark Twain