The Mermaid Spa

Hester

Thank ya, Bess. And might I say, You're a good sport, what with all the grilling you get about the POTC movies. You've handled the praisers and the nay-sayers with aplomb. Cheers. :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Thank ya, Bess. And might I say, You're a good sport, what with all the grilling you get about the POTC movies. You've handled the praisers and the nay-sayers with aplomb. Cheers. :D

(Shrug) Well... it's not so hard.

People want what they want.

They want to see what they want to see and no amount of real life truth is going to change what someone wants so desperately. If they *see* it they are happy and they do not want me telling them it isn't so.

I think the course here is to not *ask*. I read so much bilge here but never comment becasue it's just in a discussion. But when they post a *Is this real?* or some such thing and... if it's within my ability to answer it I will.(Shrug) If they don't believe me that's okay. When the movie comes out they will know I wasn't trying to make them unhappy, just answering the question they didn't really WANT answered unless it agreed with what they wanted it to be.

(chuckle) I'm damned if I do and Damned if I don't.

All I can do is share what I can without violating my confidentiality agreements. Yeah, I know how it all ends I know what happens to who and why and where and how come... but so what? So does everyone else involved with the making of the pictures. Or at least involved with script changes.

Like I told another prattaling poster, *Sticks and Stones love*

Enjoy the Wash Works. They have really, really fine products. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Thanks for the link Bess, I have a friend here that makes lotions and has made a special one for me. But to have one scented like Spiced pumpkin would be wonderful.

Siren

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

A mermaid spa?

I must be in heaven. Sign me up for the full body massage. Who might be the masseur de jour?

Ummm.... don't you mean a half a body massage followed by a gentle filet??? :huh:

(Sorry, HAD too!)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

A mermaid  spa? 

I must be in heaven. Sign me up for the full body massage.  Who might be the masseur de jour?

Ummm.... don't you mean a half a body massage followed by a gentle filet??? B)

(Sorry, HAD too!)

Hummm, would that be a massage with olive oil, rosemary, and maybe a bit of red pepper flakes, to stimulate the circulation?

**I know, I know, "sick mermaid joke"** B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Hummm, would that be a massage with olive oil, rosemary, and maybe a bit of red pepper flakes, to stimulate the circulation?

Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!

(only if you serve white wine) B)

Sorry, sorry!!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!

(only if you serve white wine) B)

Sorry, sorry!!

Sure, but I'd prefer a nice shiraz, or maybe a valpolichella (?) B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Sure, but I'd prefer a nice shiraz, or maybe a valpolichella (?) :blink:

M'self.... I'll take a Mai Tai! B)

Cheers! uh, I mean... ALOHARRRRRRRR!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 4 weeks later...

In Celia Rees's young adult novel Pirates, two unlikely friends take to piracy -- a Jamaican plantation owner's daughter named Nancy and an escaped slave named Minerva. After months at sea, Nancy must pose as a respectable young lady again, and Minerva suggests applying pineapple pulp to her skin to help lighten her seafaring tan.

Well, pineapple might not actually lighten the skin, but it does contain enzymes that will exfoliate dead cells and remove surface dullness, as well as anti-oxidants to help repair sun damage. Papaya has similar propeties:

Papaya and Pineapple Spa Treatments

After a summer basking in the sunlight reflected off the waters of a northern lake, my own complexion is looking a bit sun-weary. So, I'm doing my own pineapple facial today.

In the blender, I mixed:

1/4 cup fresh pineapple

1 Tbs. natural yoghurt

1 Tbs. rolled oats

It's still drying on my face. I'll let you know what I think of the results.

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

my own pineapple facial ...  I'll let you know what I think of the results.

Wow! I'm really impressed with how this Pineapple facial works!

My skin looks fresh and glowing, and it feels incredibly smooth, with nice tight pores. I actually like this homemade facial better than any commercial mask I've tried.

My recipe made more than I needed for my face, so I also applied it to the back of my hands, which had become quite leathery from too much sun. Not only does the skin on my hands now look supple and feel smooth, I think this concoction actually did lighten the tan, giving a more translucsent look to the skin.

I think next time, I'll make an even bigger batch and attempt a full-body mask.

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

In George MacDonald Fraser's comic novel The Pyrate, one of the pirate captains, Bilbo, is a fop who suffers by wearing plundered boots that are very elegant, but don't actually fit his feet. [This is quite appropriate, as the term "bilboes" refers to a type of shackle for the feet.]

Indeed, in his biography of Cap't Kidd, called Pirate Hunter, Richard Zacks points out that the stereotype of pirates in outlandish dress is borne out by historical documentation, and that pirates often stripped their richly dressed victims and wore the spoils, including fancy, heeled shoes with silver or gold buckles. Of course, these stolen shoes likely didn't fit very well, so I'm sure these old salts, used to going barefoot on deck, wound up with blisters on their tender tootsies whenever they went ashore in their finery.

And the heroine of Daphne DuMaurier's Frenchman's Creek borrows a sailor's shoes when she cross-dresses as a member of the pirate crew. To her chagrin, they give her blisters when she is running for her life.

I can empathize with these limping pirates. I have oddly shaped feet that are quite hard to fit, and even some of the most practical-looking shoes give me wicked blisters.

I'm just breaking in a new pair of shoes for the fall -- so, I'm wondering if any of the crew here have some spa tips for preventing or treating blistered feet?

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg