A pirates of the caribbean birthday party

From the Disney Insider to Disney's FamilyFun E-zine:

Do you have a little pirate at home? Someone who just can't get enough of hidden treasure and the high seas? If so, then you've found the place to satisfy his or her swashbuckling ways. Below you'll find parties, games, cakes, crafts, and more -- all in your child's favorite theme.

It's Pirate Time, Mateys!

0804_pirateship.jpg

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

We've done that one a couple of times. Here's our take on the cake:

shipcake.jpg

Another time we did a simple round cake, frosted Caribbean blue, and decorarated it with Pirates of the Spanish Main ships. WARNING! DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU VALUE YOUR SHIPS! Apparently buttercream frosting degrades the plastic in the ships. The hull pieces, being bent and under constant pressure, snapped, every last one of them. Haven't had that happen to any other ship except the ones that went on the cake.

Great link, Pearl! And I love the pictures of the cakes. :)

I might do this for the opening of our brand-new swimming pool/spa/backyard project. It's been almost a year in the making and hubby and I were thinking of having a "pirate party" to celebrate. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Great link, Pearl! And I love the pictures of the cakes. :)

I might do this for the opening of our brand-new swimming pool/spa/backyard project. It's been almost a year in the making and hubby and I were thinking of having a "pirate party" to celebrate. :(

What's this? A party, you say? Just email the particulars and I'll see if I can get me ship out of port to yer island. I can't resist a pirate party. :(

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.