How Hot Can You Get?

Rumba Rue

Ok there's a killer heat wave across the country. But here in San Diego, Escondido topped 112 today. Tomorrow similar. That has never happened here. It's like walking out into a blast furnace.

I've been to Las Vegas and been in 116 heat, did I notice a difference. Nope.

I want to go to the beach! Hmmmm, 40 minutes away, ya me and the rest of the inland dying to find cooler weather.beach.gif

Oh gawd I don't even want to think about how much my electric bill is going to be from having to run the air conditioner almost every day and some nights for the entire month of July. eek2-vi.gif

How are the rest of you holding up?

Phoenix had record heat today. 116 degrees. Last record for today was 112 degrees back in 1932.

It's a hot sumbitch!

It's normally about 10-15 degrees cooler than Phoenix where I'm at. Black Hearted Pearl may have melted, though. She lives in North Phoenix.

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Menifee sucked today. blackout from 230 till 830.

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

We hit 36C this week in the part of the UK where I live.

Thank god I live on the coast - on an island in my case - and have had all those nice sea breezes to take the edge off of the heat.

Reckon there's a good chance of topping the record temp recorded this year in the UK that was recorded last year.

At least ye need not stir ye sugar ! :(

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

The heat here has been killer too. Went to the beach Saturday and when we got home, the Edison bill was waiting for us and it was over $600 this time! I have a guest visiting here from Alaska and we took her to Disneyland yesterday - what an experience! We were on PoTC and it halted while there was some crazy electrical storm outside. We sat in a boat and enjoyed the sights for an extra while. Then a short time later, the rain hit so hard - it seemed like the park was deserted, but the sun came out hotter and muggier than ever - we endured by visiting all the air-conditioned attractions we could find!

In Grants Pass, Or, is has been 100-112 all last weekend into the week. And we don't have AC in our house. Which is why my mate and I bailed out for the coast. Trouble was, so did everyone else in the state (known world?). We were in Charleston Saturday "careening" our boat, then headed north (by truck) to Newport. The traffic on the coast hwy was a nightmare. Newport was a tourist cattle-call, and even the Newport Aquarium was so crowded, you could barely see the exibits. Sigh. We had a room within walking distance of the Bay Front, so hoofed it most places. I think we walked about 20 miles in two days. :lol:

But, the weather was perfect—78 degrees, sunny, light breeze, and a bit of fog at night and early morning. We left the door to the tiny deck off our room open all night, so we could enjoy the cool air and listen to the sound buoy. Ahhhh!

The 5+ hour ride home was nasty—no AC in the truck either. Felt like a limp washcloth by the time we got home. Temps still in the high 90s low 100s.

Anyone STILL not believe in global warming??????

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Eh, that whole global warming is crap! We've been having heat waves for many years! Some days are just unusually hotter than others, just the way it goes, been going on like that for many, many years.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Christine Posted on Jul 25 2006, 01:00 PM

Eh, that whole global warming is crap! We've been having heat waves for many years! Some days are just unusually hotter than others, just the way it goes, been going on like that for many, many years. 

Thank you Christine, alot of folks seem to forget 1981 and temps of 120 in Anaheim Hills, CA. Then again al Gore wasn't trying to bilk money from the rubes back then either.

RumbaRue,

Elect. Bill $403.00, next month expect an increase of 10 to 300% depending on your district. SCE gotta gouge us too ya know. They've gotta cover their almost criminal neglect of our power grid.

Mad_Jack Posted on Jul 25 2006, 01:23 PM

We can always try installing corks on cows to reduce methane emissions...

I get this image in my head of a cow pasture going off like a battle field.

Mad_Jack Posted on Jul 25 2006, 01:23 PM

We can always try installing corks on cows to reduce methane emissions...

I get this image in my head of a cow pasture going off like a battle field.

New duel = Cows at twenty paces. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Yer Sick Ransom, Funny, but sick! :D

Then again I'm the one who seeing things :D

I just hope they never cross a pigeon with a cow! I'll never be able to find my car again.

BTW Report from Iraq, 132 degrees at 2:45pm "their time" .

This is always a lovely message to get...

UNSEASONABLE HEAT AND HUMIDITY WILL EXPAND ACROSS THE ENTIRE AREA

TODAY...WITH TEMPERATURES WARMING INTO THE MID AND UPPER 90S.

DEW POINT TEMPERATURES WILL ALSO BE IN THE 70S...RESULTING IN HEAT

INDICES AROUND 105...AND THERE WILL EVEN BE SOME ISOLATED HEAT

INDICES AROUND 110.

IN ADDITION TO THE HEAT...TWO BOUTS OF SEVERE STORMS ARE POSSIBLE.

STORMS ARE POSSIBLE LATE THIS AFTERNOON IN EAST CENTRAL MINNESOTA

INTO WISCONSIN...AND SOME STORMS MAY WELL BE SEVERE. LATER

TONIGHT...ANOTHER ROUND OF STORMS IS POSSIBLE...AS STORMS DEVELOP IN

THE DAKOTAS AND MOVE INTO NORTHERN AND CENTRAL MINNESOTA...THEN INTO WISCONSIN. THESE STORMS COULD ALSO BE SEVERE...CAPABLE OF PRODUCING LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS.

And as we speak, storms are exploding across eastern South Dakota. I'll be in the basement... :ph34r:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

I just hope they never cross a pigeon with a cow! I'll never be able to find my car again.

Bombs away! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 1 month later...